Sr. Director, Peacock Growth Strategy
NBCUniversal, LLC, New York, New York
Create the extraordinary.
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
The NBCU Ad Sales Strategy team is responsible for driving long-term growth opportunities for the wider sales organization. Acting as strategic consultants, this dynamic team supports Ad Sales and corporate stakeholders across a wide range of initiatives including sales optimization, go-to-market strategies, product and data strategy, budgeting and planning analyses, and marketplace intelligence.
Come join the fastest growing AVOD streaming service – NBCUniversal’s Peacock! We are building a world-class team of smart, hungry and fearless professionals who are energized by working at the epicenter of content, technology and culture. We’re looking for exceptional candidates for the position of Senior Director, Peacock Advertising Growth Strategy to bring innovative thinking, strong analytical skills and operational rigor to help grow our business.
As Senior Director, Peacock Advertising Growth Strategy, you will play a vital role within the Business Operations & Strategy group, joining a blue-chip team with significant media experience in addition to varied professional services backgrounds. You will impact new revenue generation across the NBCUniversal portfolio of media assets by identifying growth opportunities and interfacing with business leaders across multiple functions, both inside and outside Ad Sales. This includes:
- Understanding the media & advertising competitive landscape
- Identifying gaps and opportunities in our products & capabilities
- Building business plans and commercialization efforts to drive monetization
- Partnering with product/tech teams on developing capability roadmaps
- Influencing decision-making at business leadership level
- Guiding implementation/execution of greenlit strategies
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Formulate long-term vision/growth opportunities for Peacock, within the context of the broader NBCU Ad Sales portfolio, while ensuring tactical year-to-year progress toward vision:
- Lead marketplace and competitive insights to identify and assess long-term growth opportunities
- Lead business case / strategic analyses for new ad product and capability development, delivering data-driven recommendations for long-term strategy
- Facilitate cross-functional/cross-portfolio (within Ad Sales) and cross-company brainstorms with executive stakeholders
- Partner with Digital & Cross-Platform Video, Global, Local and Agency Strategy teams to ensure alignment of long-term strategic vision for portfolio holistically (e.g., international expansion)
- Partner with executive stakeholders to establish buy-in and develop implementation plans to operationalize long-term strategy
- Partner with Ad Sales leadership and NBCU Corporate stakeholders to formulate data strategy for advertising monetization and optimization use cases:
- Lead advertising business case / strategic analyses for new data product and capability development
- Partner with Advanced Advertising team, central data organization (CDO) and NBCU business units to ensure corporate-wide data collection, processing and execution enables advertising monetization/growth strategies
- Partner with Ad Product & Experience team to ideate/productize data-enabled capabilities
- Partner with Ad Sales Strategy teams on go-to-market strategies for data-enabled capabilities
- Liaison with broader Ad Sales organization to ideate on new initiatives, ensure execution of strategic vision and provide guidance on new products / strategic capabilities
- Develop/lead C-Suite executive presentations for Ad Sales and NBCU Corporate leadership on advertising monetization strategy, performance, and new opportunities for growth / investment
- Drive ad hoc requests with thoughtful, diligent business case analysis in coordination with cross-functional partners both inside and outside of Ad Sales
- Manage direct report(s) and/or other members of Peacock Ad Sales Strategy team
• 9+ years of experience in a strategy leadership role at a media company, agency, sales organization or professional services (e.g., consulting, investment banking)
• 5+ years of experience developing multiplatform (digital, linear, etc.) media strategies
• Proven quantitative analytical abilities, including Excel modeling skills
• Strong PowerPoint skills and proven proficiency summarizing information/analyses into coherent and concise slides
• Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills; the ability to present results of complex analyses clearly and succinctly
• Excellent organizational, time and people management skills and the ability to work in groups and independently
• BA/BS required (MBA preferred)
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV through nbcunicareers.com to be considered
• Must be willing to work in New York, NY
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be 18 years or older
• Ideal candidate is a proactive individual who possesses the ability to take initiative and perform analysis and other tasks with minimal supervision
• Highly collaborative thought leader, passionate about digital media, data and advertising innovation
• Ability to deal with competing priorities effectively, and work efficiently in a high-paced, results-oriented environment
• Strong capacity for working across functions, defining goals, and driving action and execution on goals; Strong ability to lead direct and indirect teams
• Passion for diving into complex concepts, defining value propositions and championing the voice of sales
• Strong ability to create new business plans, and launch new businesses (ability to work in the gray)
• Ability to develop strong relationships with across all levels of the organization
• Excellent knowledge of the digital advertising ecosystem; digital & advanced advertising experience preferred
• Proactive, self-starter with excellent ability to drive change
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
About NBCUniversal, LLC
We are one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news and information to a global audience.
NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks, and a premium ad-supported streaming service. NBCUniversal is a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. We take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Join us.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal, LLC? Visit NBCUniversal, LLC's website.
Create the extraordinary.
Jobs You May Like
Website Designer/Copywriter, Business Services
NBCUniversal, LLC, See List Below, Multiple Locations