Sr. Analyst, Marketing Analytics, Peacock
NBCUniversal, LLC, New York, NY
Create the extraordinary.
Peacock is the place to stream thousands of hours of hit movies and shows, exclusive originals, live sports, news, and pop culture. We’re in need of courageous leaders and creative problem-solvers who work hard and want to be at the epicenter of content, tech, and entertainment. NBCUniversal’s Peacock is growing, and we’re looking for another smart, passionate, and collaborative person to join our team.
We value inclusivity in our content and our people, and believe that success is only possible when we represent the world around us. So, are you ready to join our flock?
This role will be responsible for delivering advanced analytics and data-centric support for the new streaming service, with an emphasis on Paid and Owned Media as well as Cross Channel attribution. The role will collaborate closely with the Growth Marketing teams to provide insights into the most effective marketing channels, optimize media spend and provide insights to internal Marketing teams. The overarching objective is to champion the intelligent use of data and power the acquisition and growth of a high value user base for the streaming platform.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Analytics and Storytelling
- Analyze complex data sets to develop actionable insights that can drive differentiated marketing approaches at the user level
- Develop analyses and surface insights to drive new customer sign-ups and current customer engagements and retention, including KPI deep dives, marketing efficiency, behavioral clustering, content affinity analysis, customer value, customer journey analysis and post conversion performance
- Analyze campaign performance from different attribution perspectives and derive recommendations for spend optimization
- Analyze the mix of KPIs and surface insights that will help attract more valuable customers
- Synthesize analytics and statistical approaches into easy-to-consume storylines and indicated actions for executive audiences both visually and verbally
- Facilitate data democratization through design and delivery of data visualizations
Cross-Functional Collaboration and Leadership
- Function as client-facing business partner to the marketing team, championing the use of data and analytics solutions to drive Direct-to-Consumer growth
- Capture business requirements for data and analytic solutions, and collaborate with Marketing team to ensure business requirements align with business needs
- Lead day-to-day collaboration with Marketing to communicate insights and recommend data informed strategies
- Support the processes to implement insights into action by integrating new data sources, solutions and systems to optimize marketing activities
- Develop and maintain partnerships w/ Marketing, Strategy, IT and Decision Science teams to develop and implement scalable solutions resulting from insights
- Partner with Marketing team on test design and measurement of strategic initiatives
- Become a member of a high performing, highly collaborative analytics team
- Collaborate with teammates to drive professional growth/skill development and enhance the quality of the work product
- Establish and cultivate a strong cross-functional working relationship
Analytic and Technical Competency
- Deep understanding of advanced marketing analytics for direct to consumer businesses (video streaming or subscription business experience a plus)
- Ability to perform deep dive analyses into marketing interactions, customer journeys, and conversion funnels
- Experience using statistical data modeling techniques to create customer segments, optimize targeting, and create forecasts
• 3 years of experience with large data sets and analytical tools
• Knowledge of SQL
• Tableau, Domo, or equivalent report building experience
• Knowledge of additional scripting language(s) (Python, R, etc.)
• Strong curiosity, leadership and business acumen
• Experience w/ Big Query / Google technology stack
• Experience in or knowledge of Media Analytics platforms preferred
• Experience analyzing data in Adobe Analytics, and audience targeting platforms (e.g. DMP’s, CDP’s) preferred
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to motivate, collaborate and influence
• Flexible and adaptable
• Ability to deliver on multiple projects and meet tight deadlines
• Ability to be persuasive, influence, and execute innovative methods and processes
• Self-driven, confident, resourceful, and resilient
• Ability to collaborate and work in partnership with different parts of the organization
About NBCUniversal, LLC
We are one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news and information to a global audience.
NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks, and a premium ad-supported streaming service. NBCUniversal is a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. We take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Join us.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal, LLC? Visit NBCUniversal, LLC's website.
Content is the cornerstone to all we do, and our audience is why we do it.