Freelance Content Supervisor – SportsNet New York
NBCUniversal, LLC, New York, New York
Create the extraordinary.
This role will help facilitate the execution of content across SNY, working closely with the Coordinating Content Producer and Content Producer for SNY’s television shows. Additionally, this role will serve as a liaison to our digital Content Creators. This person should be an effective communicator and possess the ability to handle multiple projects at one time under tight deadlines.
- Supervise highlights cut by Associate Content Producers for Mets, Jets, UConn and SportsNite studio shows
- Communicate with Coordinating Content Producers and Content Producers for studio shows
- Assign Associate Content Producers and Editors for nightly studio production
- Set and manage records for daily content
- Work independently to assist Associate Content Producers when demand is high
- Assist Content Coordinators with team Zoom availabilities
- Communicate, assist and work closely with our digital staff
- Transfer incoming content for internal production and outgoing content to external media outlets
- Import files with various audio and video formats and codecs from FTP and various media
- Basic editing, clipping, and converting of video and still images
- Assist our media library team with file archiving, restoring, deleting, and organizing media
- Graphics responsibilities – convert and store full screen, courtesy, and lower third graphics for use in assigned edit rooms
- Minimum three (3) years’ experience in live video production
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent work experience
- Must have thorough knowledge of the New York sports market and exhibit editorial judgment and knowledge of industry style standards
- Demonstrate the tact, diplomacy, decisiveness, and superior people skills required in a pressurized live television environment
- Very strong computer skills: Experience with any of the following software is highly preferred –AVID Media Composer, Media Central and Capture Manager, and iNEWS
- Experience with Zoom, Microsoft Teams, Cisco WebEx, Filezilla and Dropbox
- Individual must interface in a collaborative manner with various internal departments
- Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered (note job #: )
- Must be willing to work in New York, NY
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- Must be 18 years or older
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including nights, weekends, and holidays
- Must be willing to work non-traditional shifts, including nights, weekends, and holidays
- It is the policy of NBCUniversal and NBCUniversal’ s affiliated businesses to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
- Highlight Supervisor experience a plus
- Strong work ethic, positive attitude and leadership qualities
- Strong problem-solving and troubleshooting skills are highly desired
- Ability to work well and multitask in a fluid, live broadcast 24/7 environment
- Must be detail oriented, meticulous and able to maintain confidentiality
Since its launch in 2006, SNY has established itself as the linear and digital home for all things New York sports. From our new state-of-the-art facilities at 4 World Trade Center, we develop more original NY sports news and entertainment content than anyone else in the industry.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
About NBCUniversal, LLC
We are one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news and information to a global audience.
NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks, and a premium ad-supported streaming service. NBCUniversal is a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. We take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Join us.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal, LLC? Visit NBCUniversal, LLC's website.
Create the extraordinary.