Freelance Content Coordinator – SportsNet New York
NBCUniversal, LLC, New York, New York
Create the extraordinary.
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
The Freelance Content Coordinator is responsible for all communication and acquisition of content appearing on the network, website and social channels during their shift. As a Content Coordinator, this person will communicate daily with New York PR staffs and other media outlets to acquire content via Zoom, help schedule and share transmission info with crews out in the field and back at the studio. This person will serve as quality control to incoming feeds and liaison to share all content across platforms. This person should be an effective communicator and the ability to handle multiple projects at one time under tight deadlines.
- Maintain quality control of all incoming elements, including remote setups, streamed content, and taped field content of incoming content to all SNY platforms through Slack
- Schedule Field Producers and Multi-Platform Photographer/Editors
- Must understand all technical aspects of news content gathering, including via satellite, fiber, LiveU, TVU, FTP, internet pool, and mobile transfer. Responsible for communication of active feed paths to content staff
- Must have ability to book production trucks, remote studios and video conference calls
- Host a nightly meeting with digital and linear staff on duty
- Communicate with team and league communication staffs; this includes media credentialing, zoom access and future schedules
- Assist in updating team/league mandated video guidelines and restrictions for both linear and digital platforms
- Self-starter who demonstrates the ability to present and lead the execution of original content ideas
- Minimum three (3) years’ experience in live video production
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent work experience
- Must have thorough knowledge of the New York sports market and exhibit editorial judgment and knowledge of industry style standards
- Demonstrate the tact, diplomacy, decisiveness, and superior people skills required in a pressurized live television environment
- Excellent organization, interpersonal & communication skills required
- Very strong computer skills: Experience with any of the following software is highly preferred –AVID Media Composer, Media Central and Capture Manager, and iNEWS
- Experience with Zoom, Microsoft Teams, Cisco WebEx, Filezilla and Dropbox
- Must be able to work independently yet strong collaboration skills are required
- Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered (note job #: )
- Must be willing to work in New York, NY
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- Must be 18 years or older
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including nights, weekends, and holidays
- Must be willing to work non-traditional shifts, including nights, weekends, and holidays
- It is the policy of NBCUniversal and NBCUniversal’ s affiliated businesses to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
- Highlight Supervisor experience a plus
- Strong work ethic, positive attitude and leadership qualities
- Strong problem-solving and troubleshooting skills are highly desired
- Strong written and verbal communication skills needed to participate in show meetings and to create and distribute daily emails to a large group of individuals
- Ability to prioritize work and to be a proactive thinker
- Individual must interface in a collaborative manner with various internal departments
- Ability to work well and multitask in a fluid, live broadcast 24/7 environment
Since its launch in 2006, SNY has established itself as the linear and digital home for all things New York sports. From our new state-of-the-art facilities at 4 World Trade Center, we develop more original NY sports news and entertainment content than anyone else in the industry.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
About NBCUniversal, LLC
We are one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news and information to a global audience.
NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks, and a premium ad-supported streaming service. NBCUniversal is a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. We take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Join us.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal, LLC? Visit NBCUniversal, LLC's website.
Create the extraordinary.