Peacock Content Digital Forecasting & Modeling, Manager
NBCUniversal, LLC, New York, New York
Create the extraordinary.
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
We value inclusivity in our content and our people, and believe that success is only possible when we represent the world around us. So, are you ready to join our flock?
The Peacock Content Digital Forecasting & Modeling Manager will play a key role in the direct-to-consumer streaming business at NBCUniversal. This individual will support the forecasting efforts for a high-growth ad-supported subscription business, including evaluating content opportunities and estimating performance for a large, dynamic library of titles. The ideal candidate has a deep passion for content and a firm understanding of critical metrics for evaluating content.
- Thoughtfully devise methods to forecast new content based on third-party data sources as well as internal data
- Regularly monitor key performance indicators on a granular level to analyze and account for unexpected model variances from actuals to continuously update and enhance forecasting methodology
- Work closely with the Finance team to provide title-level and category-level consumption forecasts to fuel quarterly financial estimates
- Create greenlight pro forma models to evaluate and forecast potential original titles
- Learn and master available business intelligence tools and reporting dashboards to source and validate inputs for modelling and analysis
- Analyze current and past trends for key performance indicators (including user acquisition, engagement, and retention) in order to inform forecasting decisions and establish benchmarks to compare to future estimates
- Deliver updates and reporting on a regular cadence (quarterly, monthly, etc.) to track performance against forecasts and identify opportunities to improve estimate accuracy
• 5+ years of experience in digital, digital video/TV, or media-focused data businesses
• Experience estimating video content with fluency in video metric terminology (starts, total time, unique viewers, etc.)
• Strong quantitative, research, data modeling, market sizing, and problem-solving skills
• Deep passion with entertainment TV, film, and sports content
• Expert Excel spreadsheet modeling skillset
• Skilled with web analytics platforms such as Adobe Analytics
• Highest standards of accuracy and precision; highly organized
• Robust ability to error-check own work and always find ways to improve
• Ability to work quickly and efficiently and meet strict deadlines
• Be willing and able to learn new concepts and software applications quickly and thoroughly
• Strong communication skills, both written and oral
• TMT investment banking background or Media and Entertainment Industry Market Research experience
• Proficiency with Tableau or other data visualization tools
• Some Nielsen experience
• Passion for pop culture and content across different platforms
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
About NBCUniversal, LLC
We are one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news and information to a global audience.
NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks, and a premium ad-supported streaming service. NBCUniversal is a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. We take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Join us.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal, LLC? Visit NBCUniversal, LLC's website.
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands
Jobs You May Like
Director, Integrated Media - NBC4 Washington, Telemundo44, NBC...
NBCUniversal, LLC, Washington DC, District of Columbia