Design Director, NBC News & MSNBC Marketing
NBCUniversal, LLC, New York, New York
Create the extraordinary.
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
- Direct art and design work for NBC News, TODAY, and MSNBC properties.
- Working in partnership with the creative directors for each brand, lead conceptualization, design, and development of integrated television/digital marketing communications, sales/marketing materials, podcast art, presentation material, and social, and navigational elements required to build the brand and drive tune-in.
- Collaborate with individual brand creative directors (NBC News, TODAY, and MSNBC) and partner with Digital and On Air Design leaders to steer our design direction and elevate the standard of output across team members who work under you.
- Ensure that the creative objectives and needs for each brand are met on schedule.
- Manage and streamline processes/workflow, workload, and output across multiple designers.
- Have strong leadership and people management skills in order to hire, develop, inspire, and motivate the design team.
- Lead and prioritize multiple projects from conception to completion in accordance with deadlines.
- Manage photo shoots from start to finish, including choosing selects and overseeing retouching.
- Ensure that all of the organization’s creative output/visuals are consistent with the overall brand. Create strong style guides to facilitate consistency.
- Collaborate with other team members and key stakeholders across properties. Collaborate with Digital and On-air design teams to ensure consistency between editorial and marketing.
- Help to evolve iconic brands so that their content visually reflects a contemporary aesthetic
• Bachelor’s degree
• Minimum of 10 years of relevant work experience, 5
years in a management role
• Fluency in Adobe Photo Shop, Illustrator, InDesign,
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV online
to be considered
• Willingness to work overtime and on weekends with
short notice (it’s news)
• Must be willing to work in New York, NY
• A degree in a visual or experiential design discipline or
equivalent professional experience.
• Five or more years of experience as a senior-level
• Ability to work with teams to understand detailed
requirements and determine a plan that will ensure they
are met or exceeded.
• Excellent interpersonal skills to clearly and effectively
communicate the creative vision, concepts, ideas, and
solutions to stakeholders and internal team
• Ability to work effectively in a team setting, including
synthesizing abstract ideas into concrete design
• Supervisory experience (including leadership, team-
building, and delegation) leading and managing a design
team (traditional, digital, motion graphics).
• Strong organizational skills
• Strong communication skills
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
About NBCUniversal, LLC
We are one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news and information to a global audience.
NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks, and a premium ad-supported streaming service. NBCUniversal is a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. We take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Join us.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal, LLC? Visit NBCUniversal, LLC's website.
Create the extraordinary.