Freelance Production Coordinator
NBCUniversal, LLC, Stamford, Connecticut
Create the extraordinary.
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
This position is an integral part of the Studio Operations team. Candidate is responsible for supporting the production coordination needs of the assigned broadcast in Studio. In addition, as needed, the candidate is expected to interface and collaborate with colleagues working remotes to help facilitate all aspects of event logistics.
- Support Production and Operations personnel during every phase of production in both the Studio and for teams on Remote.
- Coordinate in partnership with Tech Manager and Production team, daily schedule creation and distribution.
- Occasional oversight of daily hire personnel for Production/Timecard Submission.
- Quickly learn and navigate internal databases and documents regarding broadcast schedules, crewing and personnel.
- Assist in reconciling the remote event’s budget in coordination with the Production Manager
- Responsible for all aspects of travel logistics for Talent, Production and Crew (Air, Hotel, Ground Transportation)
- Work with internal partners and vendors regarding Studio Logistics (Crewing, Scheduling Team, HR, Building Admin (seating), IT, event catering, cleaning schedules, etc.)
- Coordinate host broadcaster event management including shipping of large-scale production equipment, both nationally and internationally, in partnership with teams on the road.
- Must be fiscally responsible in managing purchase cards and budgets of assigned Sports.
- Coordinate with NBC & various Broadcast partners, regarding show deliverables and Logistics.
- Provide support and administrative duties in whatever capacity is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications or a related field.
- Minimum two (2) years’ experience in the television/film production business, preferably at a network or production facility.
- Working knowledge of Excel is a must.
- Basic knowledge of production server environment.
- Excellent communication, organizational and time-management skills.
- Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com
- Willingness to work overtime, and on night and weekends with short notice (flexibility in broadcast environment is imperative)
- Must be willing to physically work out of our Broadcast Facility in Stamford CT
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- Must be 18 years or older
- It is the policy of NBCUniversal and NBCUniversal’ s affiliated businesses to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
- Ability to adhere to tight deadlines, communicate clearly and be able to handle multiple tasks in a highly pressurized environment.
- Interest in the Operations side of Sports Broadcasting.
- Collaborative, team oriented and is comfortable in a group atmosphere.
- Willingness to work flexible days/hours, including nights and weekends.
NBCUniversal is one of the world's leading media and entertainment companies. We develop, produce and market entertainment, news and information to a global market.
Sports & Olympics
NBC Sports is synonymous with superior production that elevates the event, broad promotion, and mutually-beneficial partnerships. Known as America’s Olympic Network, NBC has broadcasted 16 Olympic Games including the 2018 Olympic Winter Games, more than any other network. NBC Olympics is also renowned for its award-winning production including more than 90 Emmy Awards. Its ability to amass large audiences with broad promotion, particularly for the Olympics, has resulted in NBC Sports broadcasting nine of the top 10 most-watched events in U.S. television history, including the 2012 London Olympic Games which stands at No. 1 all time with 217 million viewers. In 2009, NBC Sports won the prestigious Peabody Award for its production of the Beijing Games and was named ‘Best in Sports Television’ at the Sports Business Awards.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
About NBCUniversal, LLC
We are one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news and information to a global audience.
NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks, and a premium ad-supported streaming service. NBCUniversal is a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. We take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Join us.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal, LLC? Visit NBCUniversal, LLC's website.
Create the extraordinary.