Producer, CNBC Digital Video
NBCUniversal, LLC, See List Below, Multiple Locations
Create the extraordinary.
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
The role includes pitching, creating and owning smart original projects, including spearheading episodic series to publish across CNBC's digital platforms, including YouTube, Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn. The producer must be a team player, excited to collaborate with other reporters and producers on their stories as well.
Here are some examples of the content this journalist will be expected to create:
- Is The U.S. Running Out Of People
- How 401(k) Plans Work And Why They Killed Pensions
- Why The 911 System Is Broken
The ideal candidate is a talented reporter, dynamic script writer, creative editor, thoughtful producer and skilled shooter. They have a passion for visual storytelling, and thrives in a fast-paced news environment, where deadlines are tight but generous enough to allow for deep investigations.
Editorial judgment, writing and editing experience are paramount. Finding unique angles, crafting sharp scripts and video content on tight deadlines is what this job is all about. This person should have a passion for telling stories that are uniquely targeted to CNBC’s audience and be inspired by the opportunity to do original reporting. Producing stories that could be controversial or sensitive will be part of the day-to-day. Ideally this person has a passion for finding compelling characters to serve as an example of their larger thesis. Writing articles to set up videos, collaborating with the social and text reporter teams is also expected.
What we’ll offer:
At CNBC Headquarters in Englewood Cliffs, NJ, you’ll have access to great perks and amenities:
- Sweat it out -- Free onsite fitness center with state-of-the-art equipment, basketball court and running course, plus daily group classes
- Eat up -- Gourmet cafeteria with daily specials plus soup and salad bars
- Unwind -- Massage therapy, ping pong tables, foosball
- Extras -- Dry cleaning, shoe shining and sneak peeks
When you join the NBCUniversal family, you’ll get…
We’re a global company that values our employee’s individual experiences and wellbeing. We know that we’re smarter, more dynamic and better together. That’s why we offer benefits and perks to meet your unique needs. Read more about them on our careers site here. We invite you to seek the excitement, the challenges and the opportunities that make working here so rewarding.
What you’ll bring:
- At least 5 years of experience with all aspects of digital video production including producing, scripting, reporting, shooting, editing, and delivering
- Mastery of Adobe Premiere, Photoshop, DSLR cameras (Canon, Sony, Panasonic), and other industry standard equipment and tools
- Script and/or voice-over writing experience
- Knowledge of multimedia storytelling and working knowledge of online publishing systems
- Highly collaborative and creative attitude
- Demonstrable organizational and time management skills and the ability to work well under deadline pressure
- Ability to lift, carry and transport production equipment on a regular basis
- A sample of the candidate's work will be required *please provide links when applying*
- Strong interest in innovative video storytelling and strategic thinking around social media
- Ability and willingness to work non-traditional hours and travel
- Broad knowledge of current events, business, politics, financial and technology news
- Sourcing and contacts in the business and political space
- Passion for creating original reporting and character driven storytelling
- Flexible mindset as our workflow evolves
- Must be willing to work in Washington D.C. or Englewood Cliffs
You’ll stand out if:
- Bachelor's Degree completed, or comparable professional experience
- Experience hosting and creating digital video series and explainers
- Skills in After Effects, animation
- Expertise in shooting with drones
- Interest in emerging social media platforms
- Willingness to explore other mediums such as podcasts or virtual/augmented reality/360 content
CNBC is the recognized world leader in business news and provides real-time financial market coverage and business information to over 400 million homes worldwide. CNBC at night features a mix of new reality programming, CNBC's highly successful series produced exclusively for CNBC and a number of distinctive in-house documentaries. CNBC also delivers content across a variety of digital platforms such as: CNBC.com; CNBC PRO, a premium service that provides in-depth access to Wall Street; a suite of CNBC mobile apps for iOS and Android devices; Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant and Apple Siri voice interfaces; and streaming services including Apple TV, Roku, Amazon Fire TV, Android TV and Samsung Smart TVs. CNBC is a division of NBCUniversal, which is owned by Comcast Corporation.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
About NBCUniversal, LLC
We are one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news and information to a global audience.
NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks, and a premium ad-supported streaming service. NBCUniversal is a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. We take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Join us.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal, LLC? Visit NBCUniversal, LLC's website.
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands
Jobs You May Like
I-Team/Consumer Multi-Media Content Producer - NBC Washington
NBCUniversal, LLC, Washington, D.C., District of Columbia