VP, Domestic Partnership Marketing
NBCUniversal, LLC, Universal City, California
Create the extraordinary.
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
The VP, Domestic Partnership Marketing leads the U.S. based partnership marketing activities for all Universal Pictures’ theatrical releases. The focus of the position will be to create partnership strategies and deliver significant and breakthrough co-branded marketing campaigns that include above-the-line and below-the-line media, packaging, and retail executions. The job requires significant and frequent domestic travel and could include some international travel, if necessary.
- Lead the domestic team in the outreach, development, and presentation of Universal films to brands and advertising agencies across the country.
- Responsible for development of domestic marketing strategies for all Universal films. Coordinate with international team on global partnership opportunities.
- Responsible for pitch materials, idea generation and organizing pitch meetings to key brands that result in securing significant media and marketing partnerships. Edit and distribute leave-behind materials from sales meetings and trade shows for expeditious follow-up.
- Serve as point person to key domestic brands
- Liaise closely with Universal production resources, retail marketing, consumer products, and digital products teams on a consistent basis.
- Collaborate with sales and creative execution teams on any/all needs for promotional program information and creative assets for filmmaker presentations and any other internal presentation needs.
- Manage related vendors and marketing agencies in briefing and development of custom decks, concepts, or creative as needed.
- Continually monitor and report on the latest emerging brands and industry trends across advertising and entertainment, technology-driven activations, and generally buzz-worthy campaigns to inspire ongoing creative concepting and partner ideas.
- Manage team of 5
• At least 10 years of experience in partnership marketing, integrated marketing, or ad sales within an entertainment or media company.
• 3 years of experience leading, managing, and developing teams.
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV online to be considered
• Must be able to travel extensively, including on short notice
• Must be 18 years or older
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU’s Alternative Dispute Resolution Program
• While film studio experience is not required, it is highly preferred.
• Demonstrated knowledge of domestic brand marketing landscape that includes promotional partners/packaged goods, retail executions, and consumer products.
• Deep and diverse knowledge of the technology, automotive, packaged goods, and emerging brands categories.
• Clearly established and extensive relationships with key marketing executives at brands and agencies in the above-mentioned categories as well as within advertising and media agencies
• Strong pitching and negotiating skills with the ability to close large deals
• Proven ability to work under deadline pressures with minimal supervision and a willingness to roll up one’s sleeves to drive tasks to completion.
• Ability to coordinate and effectively communicate with key stakeholders both internally and externally, including Universal Pictures execs, filmmakers, partners and other Universal divisions (i.e. Theme Parks, Production) in order to maximize and deliver promotions in the film window
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills with a proven ability to effectively present to senior executives, colleagues, vendors, clients, talent, and other levels of personnel, sharing insights and making recommendations.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
About NBCUniversal, LLC
We are one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news and information to a global audience.
NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks, and a premium ad-supported streaming service. NBCUniversal is a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. We take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Join us.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal, LLC? Visit NBCUniversal, LLC's website.
Create the extraordinary.
Jobs You May Like
Public Relations Account Coordinator for Wine PR firm
Jarvis Communications, Culver City, California