Editor, MSNBC Opinion
NBCUniversal, LLC, New York, New York
Create the extraordinary.
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
We’re looking for an experienced editor to help grow MSNBC’s dynamic opinion section. You will work closely with a senior editor and deputy editor as part of a team to edit columns that drive the conversation and attract new audiences. You will have excellent judgment, a deep understanding of journalistic standards and a track record that proves you can hew to the standards of the NBCU News Group.
You will have superb editing skills and demonstrated success in a fast-tempo newsroom. You will report to an MSNBC digital deputy editor.
What you will do:
- Edit opinion journalism created for MSNBC digital
- Work closely with a senior editor and others across MSNBC to publish compelling, creative, unique opinion journalism
- Contribute to the MSNBC Daily newsletter
- Liaise with NBC News & MSNBC art director, social, platforms and product teams
- Make full use of the range of NBCU News Group resources including newsgathering, multimedia and broadcast journalists
- Establish and meet NBCU News Group’s rigorous Standards and Legal guidelines
- Ensure the tone and mix of content is in line with MSNBC cable
- Read widely and stay abreast of the competition
• Bachelor’s Degree
• 3+ years work in a newsroom environment, including
experience with breaking news
• 2+ years working in a strictly digital shop
• Willingness to work early morning hours
• Demonstrated experience with assigning and editing stories
• Desire to work in a creative, demanding, competitive environment
• Must be a skilled editor with outstanding communication
• Must be professional, nimble and successful working
across newsroom teams, platforms and with partners
• Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through
www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
• Ideally based in New York City or Washington, D.C.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
About NBCUniversal, LLC
We are one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news and information to a global audience.
NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks, and a premium ad-supported streaming service. NBCUniversal is a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. We take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Join us.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal, LLC? Visit NBCUniversal, LLC's website.
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands