Success Editor, CNBC Make It
NBCUniversal, LLC, New York, New York
Create the extraordinary.
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Within Make It's Success vertical, this editor will be responsible for growing entrepreneurship, leadership and lifestyle coverage as well as leading a team of reporters. The editor will be asked to pitch story ideas, as well as edit and copy-edit engaging content that inspires the curious reader. The ideal candidate will have an eye for detail, strong organizational skills and a knack for making complex subjects interesting and relatable and will be a skilled manager.
What you’ll do:
- Expand CNBC Make It’s Success coverage, including entrepreneurship, leadership and lifestyle coverage and expand its target audience.
- Work with and manager a team of reporters to deliver the best success-focused content on the web.
- Generate story ideas, collaborate with and guide writers, and create own content when needed.
- Edit 3 to 8 stories per day.
- Collaborate with the digital video team.
At our 1221 Avenue of the Americas office in New York City, you’ll have access to great perks and amenities:
- Sneak Peek Screenings – Be the first to see the next big hit with sneak peek screenings of NBCUniversal movies and TV shows.
- One-of-a-kind Events – Celebrate NBCU milestones like the Olympics, bring your parent to work with you or get a chair massage to celebrate National Relaxation Day - there‘s never a dull moment at NBCU.
- Onsite Medical Center – Access to urgent care, labs, behavioral health & vaccines. Plus, additional services for benefits participants including chiropractic/physical therapy, optometry, massages & primary care.
- Commuter Friendly – Save on subway fares, train tickets and parking expenses through our pre-tax savings options.
- Collaborative Workspaces – 30 Rock shares a relaxation space with building residents at the Zo Lounge, where employees have access to nap pods, event space and even a full-service café. The 11th floor outdoor gardens at 30 Rock also inspire outside-the-box thinking in the warmer months.
- Star Sightings – Our 30 Rock Headquarters is home to iconic shows like “The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon” and “Saturday Night Live.” Which means you never know who you may run into!
We’re a global company that values our employee’s individual experiences and wellbeing. We know that we’re smarter, more dynamic and better together. That’s why we offer benefits and perks to meet your unique needs. Read more about them on our careers site here. We invite you to seek the excitement, the challenges and the opportunities that make working here so rewarding.
What you’ll bring:
- At least 4 years’ experience as a writer and/or editor
- At least 2 years’ experience managing a team
- The ability to edit and write accurately in a high-volume, deadline-oriented environment
- Organizational skills, attention to detail and outstanding communication skills
You’ll stand out if:
- You have a bachelor’s degree
- You have experience at a large online content destination, such as a major online news site or financial newspaper
- You’re passionate about digital storytelling and creating the best user experience online, with proven experience in a creative environment
- You possess ongoing knowledge of and interest in the business world and financial news is preferred
- You’re curious about the world, see stories ideas everywhere and can’t wait to bring them back to the team
CNBC is the recognized world leader in business news and provides real-time financial market coverage and business information to over 400 million homes worldwide. CNBC at night features a mix of new reality programming, CNBC's highly successful series produced exclusively for CNBC and a number of distinctive in-house documentaries. CNBC also delivers content across a variety of digital platforms such as: CNBC.com; CNBC PRO, a premium service that provides in-depth access to Wall Street; a suite of CNBC mobile apps for iOS and Android devices; Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant and Apple Siri voice interfaces; and streaming services including Apple TV, Roku, Amazon Fire TV, Android TV and Samsung Smart TVs. CNBC is a division of NBCUniversal, which is owned by Comcast Corporation.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
About NBCUniversal, LLC
We are one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news and information to a global audience.
NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks, and a premium ad-supported streaming service. NBCUniversal is a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. We take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Join us.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal, LLC? Visit NBCUniversal, LLC's website.
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands