Editor, MSNBC Blog
NBCUniversal, LLC, New York, New York
Create the extraordinary.
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
You will have superb editing skills, an understanding of what stories are most important, an eye for entertaining and unique angles and a proven track record of success in a fast-tempo newsroom. You will report to the Managing Editor of MSNBC.
What you will do:
- Build a team to publish compelling, creative, unique opinion journalism
- Edit blog content created for MSNBC digital
- Run the MSNBC live blog as needed
- Liaise with the MSNBC art director, social, platforms and product teams
- Work with MaddowBlog to optimize their existing content
- Collaborate across digital and linear teams to spearhead MSNBC blog coverage of storylines
- Coordinate showblog content to avoid overlap and ensure editorial cohesiveness
- Establish and meet NBCU News Group’s rigorous Standards and Legal guidelines
- Ensure the tone and mix of content is in line with MSNBC cable
- Read widely and stay abreast of the competition
• Bachelor’s Degree
• 3 or more years working in a newsroom environment
• Proven experience covering breaking news
• 2 or more years working in a strictly digital shop
• Demonstrated experience with assigning and
• Experience working with live blogs
• Desire to work in a creative, demanding,
• Must be a skilled editor with outstanding communication
• Must be professional, nimble and successful working
across newsroom teams, platforms and with partners
• Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through
www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
• Ideally based in New York City or Washington
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
About NBCUniversal, LLC
We are one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news and information to a global audience.
NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks, and a premium ad-supported streaming service. NBCUniversal is a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. We take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Join us.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal, LLC? Visit NBCUniversal, LLC's website.
Create the extraordinary.
Jobs You May Like
Senior Analyst, Media Analytics
Dentsu, Prefer Pittsburgh, PA or Charlottesville, VA, will consid...