Reporter, MSNBC Blog
NBCUniversal, LLC, New York, New York
Create the extraordinary.
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
We’re looking for a writer to help grow MSNBC’s showblogs. You will work closely with the MSNBC Managing Editor, lead blog editor and MSNBC show producers as part of a team to drive the conversation and attract new audiences to MSNBC. The ideal candidate has excellent judgment, a deep understanding of journalistic standards and a track record that proves they can hew to the standards of the NBCU News Group.
The ideal candidate will have superb editing skills, an understanding of which stories are most important, an eye for entertaining and unique angles and a proven track record of success in a fast-tempo newsroom. This position will report to the MSNBC blog editor
What you will do:
- Publish compelling, creative, unique opinion journalism for MSNBC digital
- Collaborate across digital and linear teams to spearhead MSNBC blog coverage of storylines
- Coordinate with your designated MSNBC host and producers to ensure your blog matches the editorial tone and priorities of your show
- Willingness to appear and discuss reported opinion pieces on MSNBC cable and other MSNBC platforms
- Establish and meet NBCU News Group’s rigorous Standards and Legal guidelines
- Read widely and stay abreast of the competition
• Bachelor’s Degree
• 3 or more years work in a newsroom environment, including
experience with breaking news
• 2 or more years working in a strictly digital shop
• Must have desire to work in a creative, demanding,
• Skilled writer with outstanding communication skills
• Must be professional, nimble and successful working
across newsroom teams, platforms and with partners
• Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through
www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
• Ideally based in New York City or Washington
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
About NBCUniversal, LLC
We are one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news and information to a global audience.
NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks, and a premium ad-supported streaming service. NBCUniversal is a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. We take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Join us.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal, LLC? Visit NBCUniversal, LLC's website.
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands
Jobs You May Like
Senior UX Prototyper, Peacock Product Design, Viewing Experience
NBCUniversal, LLC, New York, New York
MMPR LOS ANGELES IS HIRING - EDITORIAL ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE AND...
Michele Marie Pr, Los Angeles, CA USA