MMJ / Weekend Anchor - Telemundo Tampa
NBCUniversal, LLC, Tampa, Florida
Create the extraordinary.
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
The Multimedia Journalist is responsible for shooting, writing & editing news stories on a daily basis. As Anchor is responsible for anchoring our weekend newscast.
- Contribute story ideas for key series pieces for daily news programs
- Gather news information and facts to write scripts
- A strong writer
- Sharp and the ability to work well with others
- Represent Telemundo in community events
- Prepare and/or assemble, and present story content in a fair, accurate and unbiased manner.
- Collaborate with news producers and managers to conceptualize, produce and present station during news specials and packages based on either breaking or pre-planned stories
- Develop and maintain a network of news sources providing access to exclusive local stories
- Leverage relationships within the community for the purpose of developing connections to story leads and bridge relevant activities through community relations department
- Perform field reporting, fill-in for other shows, and other temporary assignments, as needed.
• Minimum 3 years of experience as anchor
• Minimum 5 years of experience as television reporter
• Shooting and Editing Skills with various editing software including Edius
• BA or BS in Journalism, Communications or Political Science preferred.
• Must have excellent writing skills as well as very strong speech skills
• Must be able to ad-lib effortlessly in various types of situations, particularly breaking news
• Enterprise reporting skills preferred. Strong live reporting skills are necessary.
• Must be able to handle working under the pressure of intense deadlines.
• Must be able to work effectively with others in a team environment
• Ability to work long hours, when necessary
• Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
• Must be willing to work in Orlando area
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be 18 years or older
• Must have a valid driver’s license
• Must be fluent in Spanish (speak, read & write)
• Must be able to provide a reel/portfolio of work examples -- if available, include a web address when you submit your resume (if applicable)
• News judgment with solid ethical decision process
• Strong English, reading, writing and speaking
• High competitive nature
• Ability to perform under tight time deadlines
• Able to respond quickly and accurately to breaking new with Live Cut-ins
• Able to “ad-lib” effortlessly in various types of situations
• Creative with unique story ideas for development
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
About NBCUniversal, LLC
We are one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news and information to a global audience.
NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks, and a premium ad-supported streaming service. NBCUniversal is a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. We take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Join us.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal, LLC? Visit NBCUniversal, LLC's website.
Create the extraordinary.