Freelance Audio / A1 Operator – SportsNet New York
NBCUniversal, LLC, New York, New York
Create the extraordinary.
- Work with technical and news staff to satisfy production needs for live, taped and automated programming
- Familiarity with 5.1 surround sound, up mixing, down mixing and operation of associated support equipment
- Work creatively and collaboratively with Production and Operations management to establish sound production practices for the delivery of content within sports, news, and topical programming
- Become fully knowledgeable in all aspects of operation and basic maintenance of the production audio systems including but not limited to: audio console, RTS intercom system programming, audio server routing, RF microphones and IFBs as well as other audio or communication related support systems
- Perform daily set-up operations and continuously monitor audio levels from all sources across multiple studios to ensure consistent quality in accordance with established industry standards and guidelines
- Pro-actively and as directed, maintain the integrity of all associated audio and support equipment, notifying Operations management should anything require repair or replacement
- Minimum two (2) years of related A1 experience in live, multi-camera studio production
- Bachelor’s degree (preferably in Communications) or equivalent work experience required
- Must be able to lift 25 lbs. and set / strike studio gear
- Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered (note job #: )
- Must be willing to work in New York, NY
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- Must be 18 years or older
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including nights, weekends, and holidays
- Must be willing to work non-traditional shifts, including nights, weekends, and holidays
- It is the policy of NBCUniversal and NBCUniversal’ s affiliated businesses to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
- Previous experience with SSL audio boards, RTS intercom systems & ENCO audio servers a plus; Configuration knowledge of the RTS Adam Edit communication system preferred
- Knowledge of all commonly used RF and wired microphones, IFB and PL systems
- Familiarity with NY sports
- Qualified applicants must demonstrate and maintain an understanding of established industry standards, equipment and quality control
- Proficiency in iNEWS or similar newsroom computer system a plus
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills required
- Must be a collaborative team player who works well with others, in a fast paced, dynamic studio environment
Since its launch in 2006, SNY has established itself as the linear and digital home for all things New York sports. From our new state-of-the-art facilities at 4 World Trade Center, we develop more original NY sports news and entertainment content than anyone else in the industry.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
About NBCUniversal, LLC
We are one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news and information to a global audience.
NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks, and a premium ad-supported streaming service. NBCUniversal is a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. We take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Join us.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal, LLC? Visit NBCUniversal, LLC's website.
Connectors. Creators. Experience Makers.