Executive Producer - NBC 7 San Diego
NBCUniversal, LLC, San Diego, California
Create the extraordinary.
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
- Conceive and execute daily programs incorporating the day’s top news stories, providing depth and perspective, working with the staff to develop enterprise stories and conduct expert interviews. This includes approval of rundowns, and management/ supervision of all news staff assigned to the evening newscasts.
- Direct and deliver production elements on a deadline
- Review daily line-up of stories and segments; develop future segments, stories and interviews for all platforms
- Oversee breaking news coverage when warranted
- Work on special projects as assigned
- Assist with the hiring and scheduling of producers and story producers
- Collaborate with Marketing Department on daily topical promotions for broadcast and digital platforms
- Cooperate and interact with NBC News and assure compliance with all relevant laws and company policy on broadcasts and news operations
- Manage evening staff’s responsibilities to produce digital content.
- In the absence of the news director or assistant news director, the position will be in charge of the newsroom
- Perform other newsroom supervisory duties as assigned by the News Director and/or General Manager
o Minimum of five years’ experience as a television (Executive) Producer in a medium or large market
o Must possess strong journalistic skills, previous experience in writing and editing broadcast copy and promotions
o Proven strong leadership and management skills required
o Bachelor’s Degree
o Applicants must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
o Must have a flexible schedule with ability to work any of a 24x7 shift and willingness to travel and work long hours and on weekends and holidays with short notice
o Must be willing to work in San Diego, CA
o Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
o Must have a valid Driver’s License
- Bilingual: Spanish and English a plus
- Creative approach to storytelling and problem solving
- Ability to make priority decisions under deadlines
- Must be self-directed, highly organized and detail oriented
- Must function well in a fast paced, multi-cultural environment
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBC 7 (KNSD) in San Diego, CA, is currently seeking an Executive Producer for its late newscasts. This is a leadership position focusing on smart coverage to help viewers make sense of the day’s major events. This includes production and promotion components of the newscast, news specials, and content on all digital platforms. The Executive Producer's role is also provide feedback and coaching to news employees and perform as a member of the news management team.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
About NBCUniversal, LLC
We are one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news and information to a global audience.
NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks, and a premium ad-supported streaming service. NBCUniversal is a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. We take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Join us.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal, LLC? Visit NBCUniversal, LLC's website.
Create the extraordinary.