Director, Marketing Strategy – NBC Sports
NBCUniversal, LLC, Stamford, Connecticut
Create the extraordinary.
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
NBC Sports Group is looking for a dynamic strategist to join its Marketing division. Reporting to the VP, Marketing Strategy, this person will turn consumer insights into actionable marketing strategies for properties across the NBC Sports Group portfolio and digital businesses. This person will also assist in leading the agenda in consumer-driven, long-term strategic thinking around the NBC Sports brand. A successful leader in this position will be highly motivated and strategic while balancing multiple work streams to drive key initiatives throughout the organization.
- Leverage consumer data and program research to set foundation for strategic direction
- Build and maintain relationships with internal partners to foster data sharing and collaboration
- Identify opportunities to reach and grow audiences across NBC Sports Group properties, ultimately driving business performance and revenue-generating opportunities
- Create plans that will drive consumption of NBC Sports Group properties across multiple platforms, including linear TV and streaming
- Be at the forefront of consumer engagement and media trends, industry innovations, and competitive marketplace threats to identify growth and/or white space opportunities
- Develop marketing briefs, which include research-based insights, cultural/competitive context, target audiences, unique selling propositions, key strategic pillars/objectives, communications strategies, and success metrics
- Collaborate with NBC Sports’ Research department to develop target audiences and KPIs
- Conduct primary research and access syndicated research as necessary
- Maintain project tracking for multiple workstreams and deliverables to meet deadlines
- Develop and deliver strategy presentations to various levels of management, including NBC Sports leadership and external partners
- Align internal and external stakeholders on strategic plans and execution tactics
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or a related field
- Minimum seven (7) years of brand marketing and/or communications strategy experience
- Ability to develop audience targeting or prospecting strategies
- Experience using syndicated research tools (e.g., MRI, Simmons, etc.) and first-party data
- History of executing qualitative and quantitative primary research
- Exceptional critical thinking and problem-solving skills with an ability to translate complex data into actionable insights in a clear and concise manner
- Excellent written, verbal, and visual (e.g., PowerPoint, Keynote) communication skills that can be directed at various departments and across multiple levels of management
- Must be able to provide a portfolio of work examples
- Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered (note job #: )
- Willingness to travel and work overtime, and on weekends with short notice
- Must be willing to work in Stamford, CT
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- Must be 18 years or older
- It is the policy of NBCUniversal and NBCUniversal’ s affiliated businesses to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
- Ten (10) years of experience in brand marketing or marketing strategy, preferably with sports/entertainment brands on the client or agency side
- Strategic thinker and visionary with strong business acumen that can balance left- and right-brain thinking
- Motivated self-starter who is comfortable working independently and collaboratively across multiple departments and disciplines in a fast-paced environment
- Passionate and knowledgeable about the sports landscape, with a deep understanding of evolving media consumption patterns
- Ability to translate quantitative and qualitative research into actionable insights for strategies
- Exceptional project management and team building skills with ability to motivate others
- Team player with the ability to effectively influence and communicate cross-functionally with all levels
- Strong work ethic, with a dedication to excellence
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
About NBCUniversal, LLC
We are one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news and information to a global audience.
NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks, and a premium ad-supported streaming service. NBCUniversal is a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. We take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Join us.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal, LLC? Visit NBCUniversal, LLC's website.
Create the extraordinary.