The Digital Video Production Assistant is part of the core video production team, reporting to the NBC Sports Director, Digital Content & Strategy. The role includes day-to-day editing of original sports video and highlights for distribution across all of NBC Sports’ digital platforms.
- Edit highlight packages in real time
- Clip segments from NBC Sports studio shows such as Pro Football Talk
- Respond to video requests from writers, producers, news desk, etc.
- Assist in the creation of sales/sponsored content
- Assist in the editing of original content initiatives by creating graphics and finding footage
- Proactively pitch and execute new original video concepts
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field or relevant experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of sports
- Minimum two (2) years’ work experience in television production, and/or digital media production
- Minimum two (2) years’ experience working in an Avid editing environment
- Expert in Avid environment, edit while capture and Interplay, a shared edit environment
- Creatively proficient in Photoshop
- Must be able to work nights and weekends as schedule is based on the NBC Sports live event schedule
- Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
- Must be willing to work in Stamford, CT
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- Must be 18 years or older
- It is the policy of NBCUniversal and NBCUniversal’ s affiliated businesses to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
- Must be highly organized and detail-oriented
- Must have exhibited in past roles the willingness to provide a new approach to editorial process
- A true team player, who thrives on mentoring and teaching other team members technical and creative skills; an individual who thrives in a team-based culture
- Should be flexible and be able to work under deadline pressure
- Exhibits a passion for sports and sports media
- Strong knowledge of professional and college sports, athletes, teams, etc.
- Continue to develop skill sets needed to regularly and independently take on other positions and/or responsibilities associated with specific projects and/or shows
- Familiarity and/or previous experience working inside a television control room.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
About NBCUniversal, LLC
We are one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news and information to a global audience.
NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks, and a premium ad-supported streaming service. NBCUniversal is a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. We take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Join us.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal, LLC? Visit NBCUniversal, LLC's website.
Create the extraordinary.
Jobs You May Like
Digital Media Associate for New York or Los Angeles
Allied Global Marketing, New York or Los Angeles , CA