Producer, CNBC Digital Video
NBCUniversal, LLC, Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey
Create the extraordinary.
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
The best candidate will be a talented video editor and creative problem solver, have a passion for visual storytelling and business news, and enjoy in-depth reporting on issues pertaining to markets and politics. They should have a working knowledge of the U.S. political system and marketplace. This person will love crafting a beautiful edit but won’t be afraid to pick up the phone to schedule an interview and report a story. The role includes pitching, creating and owning smart original projects, and working with other reporters and producers on their stories.
The ideal candidate has at least 3 years of experience editing or scripting videos for a digital news organization. They should be an expert in Adobe Premiere and have an excellent understanding of cutting for a news story. Knowledge of After Effects is a plus. Editorial judgment, writing and editing experience are paramount. This person will be collaborating with reporters, producers and senior producers to craft sharp scripts and video content on tight deadlines. Candidates with a passion to explore and understand the world around them with a keen eye on stories that fit the CNBC brand will be successful in this role. The right applicant will be motivated to share a deeper understanding and critical lens to news coverage. This position does not cover breaking news and will be focused on documentary filmmaking over daily news coverage.
Here are some examples of videos worked on by other Producers in this role:
- Why The U.S. Faces An Eviction Crisis -- https://youtu.be/snJ1hGhjpdA
- How 401(k) Plans Work And Why They Killed Pensions-- https://youtu.be/JfeL8uX_D-c
- Why The U.S. Builds Houses Wrong - https://youtu.be/D11-DITq-Is
- Why The Supreme Court Decided An Abortion Case Again - https://youtu.be/f5F-yuM3PG0
What we’ll offer:
At CNBC Headquarters in Englewood Cliffs, NJ, you’ll have access to great perks and amenities:
- Sweat it out -- Free onsite fitness center with state-of-the-art equipment, basketball court and running course, plus daily group classes
- Eat up -- Gourmet cafeteria with daily specials plus soup and salad bars
- Unwind -- Massage therapy, ping pong tables, foosball
- Extras -- Dry cleaning, shoe shining and sneak peeks
When you join the NBCUniversal family, you’ll get…
We’re a global company that values our employee’s individual experiences and wellbeing. We know that we’re smarter, more dynamic and better together. That’s why we offer benefits and perks to meet your unique needs. Read more about them on our careers site here. We invite you to seek the excitement, the challenges and the opportunities that make working here so rewarding.
What you’ll bring:
- At least 3 years of experience with all aspects of digital video production including editing, scripting, booking, shooting and lighting
- Mastery of Adobe Premiere, photoshop, and scriptwriting
- Comfort handling footage from DSLR cameras (Canon, Sony, Panasonic) and other industry standard equipment and tools
- Knowledge of multimedia storytelling and working knowledge of online publishing systems
- A highly collaborative and creative attitude
- Demonstrable organizational and time management skills and the ability to work well under deadline pressure
- The ability to lift, carry and transport production equipment on a regular basis
- A sample of the candidate's work will be required *please provide links when applying*
- Strong interest in innovative video storytelling and strategic thinking around social media
- Ability and willingness to work non-traditional hours and travel
- Must be willing to work in Englewood Cliffs, NJ
You’ll stand out if:
- You have skills in After Effect
- You have expertise in shooting with drones
- You possess broad knowledge of current events, politics, markets, business, financial and technology news
- You’re passionate about creating original reporting and character-driven storytelling
- You have a flexible mindset as our workflow evolves
CNBC is the recognized world leader in business news and provides real-time financial market coverage and business information to over 400 million homes worldwide. CNBC at night features a mix of new reality programming, CNBC's highly successful series produced exclusively for CNBC and a number of distinctive in-house documentaries. CNBC also delivers content across a variety of digital platforms such as: CNBC.com; CNBC PRO, a premium service that provides in-depth access to Wall Street; a suite of CNBC mobile apps for iOS and Android devices; Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant and Apple Siri voice interfaces; and streaming services including Apple TV, Roku, Amazon Fire TV, Android TV and Samsung Smart TVs. CNBC is a division of NBCUniversal, which is owned by Comcast Corporation.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
About NBCUniversal, LLC
We are one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news and information to a global audience.
NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks, and a premium ad-supported streaming service. NBCUniversal is a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. We take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Join us.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal, LLC? Visit NBCUniversal, LLC's website.
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands