Vice President, Product, Content Discovery, Peacock
NBCUniversal, LLC, New York, New York
Create the extraordinary.
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Peacock is the place to stream thousands of hours of hit movies and shows, exclusive originals, live sports, news, and pop culture. We’re in need of courageous leaders and creative problem-solvers who work hard and want to be at the epicenter of content, tech, and entertainment. NBCUniversal’s Peacock is growing, and we’re looking for another smart, passionate, and collaborative person to join our team.
We value inclusivity in our content and our people, and believe that success is only possible when we represent the world around us. So, are you ready to join our flock?
Peacock is looking for a versatile product leader to run a team of product managers and drive execution, business results and future vision for content discovery and personalization. This role will report to the SVP of Product and UX. The ideal candidate will be highly strategic, curious and collaborative, and be ready to challenge the status quo. The candidate will have a keen sense for good UX/design and the ability to make evidence-based decisions using customer insights, product analytics, competitive and market analysis. This is an opportunity to be part of a fast-paced and ambitious initiative to shape the future of TV.
In this role, you will:
Drive the vision and success of three key areas:
- Content Discovery: Oversee the end-to-end content discovery experience from the Browse homepage, to features like binge and Continue Watching, as well as search.
- Personalization: Collaborate with data science teams to build and improve recommendations across TV, Movies, Kids, News and Sports that guide users quickly to great content, enable unexpected discoveries and help them spend less time browsing. Expand content and page personalization, optimize metadata inputs and relentlessly test and learn.
- Tiering: Ensure the right balance of AVOD and SVOD throughout content discovery to maximize customer lifetime value.
- Manage, mentor and motivate a growing team of product managers focused on the above areas.
- Create and deliver winning executive presentations that explain product vision, features and KPIs for the wider Peacock organization and manage senior stakeholder expectations.
- Collaborate with other product managers, design, editorial, data and strategy teams to develop holistic points of view and confidently make product decisions.
- Partner with project management and technology teams in the US and Europe and influence multi-year product roadmaps and Agile priorities.
- Deeply understand business considerations, competitive landscape, and best practices to drive optimal streaming TV experiences.
- Help build a product culture at Peacock and inspire the next generation of product leaders.
Minimum of 10 years of product strategy/planning or program/product management experience within the media or consumer technology space.
Minimum of 3 years successfully leading a team of customer-centric product managers.
Consumer-centric view with a proven track-record of developing and acting on customer insights.
Experience working in an Agile software development environment.
Experience with A/B testing, hypothesis validation, user testing and analytics software.
Experience with multiple platforms (iOS, tvOS, Android, Amazon, Roku) and domains (TV, Movies, Sports, News, Kids).
Ability and self-motivation to work effectively offsite and onsite and with global, multi-lingual teams.
An ability to lead and inspire alignment to a shared vision and outcome through collaboration and willingness to share product responsibilities.
Strong analytical skills and a hypotheses-driven approach to problem solving.
Demonstrated ability to be a creative and strategic thinker with an ability to anticipate evolving consumption trends in the entertainment, sports and news verticals. Possess empathy for the user and curiosity to identify their needs.
Proven ability to be flexible and quickly adapt to rapidly changing priorities and deadlines while simultaneously and successfully manage multiple projects on tight deadlines.
Exceptional verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
BA/BS degree in a relevant field highly desired.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
About NBCUniversal, LLC
We are one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news and information to a global audience.
NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks, and a premium ad-supported streaming service. NBCUniversal is a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. We take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Join us.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal, LLC? Visit NBCUniversal, LLC's website.
Create the extraordinary.
Jobs You May Like
Freelance Ad Insertion Coordinator, Peacock, Direct-to-Consumer
NBCUniversal, LLC, Stamford, Connecticut