Personal Finance Reporter, Select, NBC News Group
NBCUniversal, LLC, New York, New York
Create the extraordinary.
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Select is a fast-growing, consumer-friendly commerce brand within the NBC News Group, devoted to providing our readers with rigorous reviews and personal finance advice so they can make informed decisions about the financial products they use every day.
The Personal Finance Reporter will be primarily responsible for analyzing and reviewing financial products – through research and reporting – to provide readers with advice on the best credit cards and other financial products on the market. Additionally, the Reporter will be asked to pitch and create engaging content that inspires the curious reader. The ideal candidate will have strong reporting skills, experience putting together lists, comfort with numbers and data as well as words, and a knack for making complex subjects interesting and relatable.
What you’ll do:
- Brainstorm functional, data-driven models to determine which specific kind of credit card, or other product, could serve users best
- Research and assemble reliable, informative lists of recommendations
- Generate list ideas and follow through by reporting, writing and creating digital content
- Generate story ideas and following through by reporting, writing and creating digital content
- Help grow the Select brand and cultivating an engaged audience
- Contribute to multi-platform news coverage when needed
- Use social media to distribute and promote content
What you'll bring:
• At least 2 years of experience as a writer and/or reporter
• Proven ability to report and write accurately and clearly
in a fast-paced, deadline-driven news environment
• Familiarity with following and reporting on current events,
especially as they relate to personal finance, credit cards,
and other financial products
• Familiarity and comfort with social media
• Ability to convey to readers why, and how, high-level or
abstract stories could affect them
You'll stand out if:
• You have a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional
• You have experience at a large online content
destination, such as a major online news site or financial
• You’re passionate about digital storytelling and creating
the best user experience online
• You possess ongoing knowledge of and interest in the
business world and financial news
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
About NBCUniversal, LLC
We are one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news and information to a global audience.
NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks, and a premium ad-supported streaming service. NBCUniversal is a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. We take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Join us.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal, LLC? Visit NBCUniversal, LLC's website.
Create the extraordinary.