Manager, Talent Engagement & Outreach - GTDI
NBCUniversal, LLC, Universal City, California
Create the extraordinary.
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Global Talent Development & Inclusion was first established in 2017 as a groundbreaking diversity and inclusion department for the feature film industry by Universal Filmed Entertainment Group Chairman Donna Langley. GTDI expanded its purview in 2020 to add NBCUniversal Television & Streaming and Universal Studios Group. Building upon NBCUniversal’s commitment to a diverse, equitable and inclusive culture, GTDI partners with Production and Human Resources departments across the Company’s content ecosystem to create strategies that align with its mission to cultivate, amplify, attract and retain an inclusive talent pool on-screen, behind the camera, and within the NBCUniversal’s workforce.
GTDI has an opening for a Manager reporting to the VP, Inclusion – Talent & Content who leads GTDI’s Talent Engagement & Outreach (TE&O) efforts.
This is an important role in which the Candidate will contribute to the building and implementation of diversity, equity and inclusion practices across the NBCUniversal portfolio in the GTDI department. GTDI is a fast-paced and rapidly growing department which is the first of its kind to cover Film, TV and Streaming.
The Candidate will work closely with the VP in developing, maintaining and strengthening upcoming and current creative programs and initiatives; engage in diversity and inclusion practitioner strategies; internal and external partnerships and sponsorships; and work and interface with the various divisions within NBCUniversal. The Candidate will be the team lead on developing and managing the TE&O database ensuring that all team members contribute the relevant data in a timely manner. This position will also partner, as required, with the department’s Production & Content and Marketing & Communications teams.
- Perform day-to-day duties in the coordination and execution of a wide range of creative programs and initiatives that fall within the TE&O lane, which will include the selection process; formatting and distribution of curriculum; securing guest speakers; event management, logistics and follow up.
- Act as an advisor to all current program participants and alumni to develop and create career momentum. Develop, execute and track action plans to current program participants and alumni.
- Lead on the management and maintenance of the TE&O program database (to include, but not limited to, panelists, participants, partners etc.), ensuring that the team regularly contribute to the databases and that viable tracking systems are in place.
- Provide mid- and year-end statistics from database.
- Participate in and contribute to NBCU internal DEI partnerships and relationships as required.
- Lead as a Relationship Manager with select external partners and sponsors (e.g. film festivals, training organizations, advocacy groups etc.), liaising to deepen relationships, support shared DEI activity and ensure GTDI partnership objectives are met.
- Participate in external and internal presentations and panels amplifying GTDI programs and initiatives
- Identify and draft suitable content and artwork for social media platforms as required including, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
- Maintain proper recordkeeping and filing system for all work/projects for reference.
Desired Characteristics, Experience and Skills:
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
About NBCUniversal, LLC
We are one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news and information to a global audience.
NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks, and a premium ad-supported streaming service. NBCUniversal is a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. We take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Join us.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal, LLC? Visit NBCUniversal, LLC's website.
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands