Vice President, Advanced Advertising Strategy & Partnerships
NBCUniversal, LLC, New York, New York
Create the extraordinary.
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
The Advanced Advertising Strategy & Partnerships team is responsible for developing a holistic business strategy for the NBCUniversal portfolio of data businesses, both linear and digital. That includes identifying profitable revenue opportunities, developing the structure, capabilities, go-to-market & commercialization strategies and execution plans necessary to capture the growth opportunities. We partner closely with the sales teams, agency & client partnership teams, and various internal functions (Planning, Product, Finance, Insights & Measurement, etc.) to manage the advanced advertising business across all screens (linear and digital). Additionally, this is the team that manages relevant partnerships such as OpenAP. This group charts the relevant sales strategies for the teams, and then ensures NBCU can deliver on those promises for our clients.
The Vice President, Advanced Advertising Strategy & Partnerships, will lead the setting of the go-to-market strategy for the NBCU Audience Insights Hub, Data-Driven Linear, Programmatic TV, Cross-Platform Planning & Measurement solutions, and household addressability.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Partnering with Ad Sales Management on go-to-market strategy (Upfront, Multi-platform selling, Portfolio selling across verticals, etc.), defining custom audience/ total audience / converged strategy.
- Coordinating with Product teams on setting roadmap prioritization that align to growth opportunity (e.g. jointly identifying areas for investment based on marketplace demand).
- Driving monetization of NBCU Audience Insights Hub via setting of selling strategy and operationalizing wing-to-wing processes for new products.
- Lead commercialization and marketplace education of NBCU Audience Insights Hub.
- Partnering with Business Management on business performance, analytics, revenue pacing and key areas for growth.
- Cross-functional lead on broader Sales process improvements to drive efficiencies.
- Data partnership strategy & management.
- Advanced advertising competitive landscape & industry analysis and trending.
- Participate and advise on industry initiatives (e.g. new currency solutions and marketplaces).
- Lead analytics and partner with BI teams to implement new reporting strategies related to the advanced advertising business.
- Advise on yield strategy in partnership with planning and finance teams.
• Minimum 8 years of experience in a business strategy role at an ad technology vendor, media company, agency, sales organization or in related field.
• Minimum 4 years of experience developing advanced advertising and/or multiplatform (digital, linear, etc.) sales strategies.
• Proven success managing direct reports.
• Proven ability to work across functions, defining goals, and driving action and execution on goals; Strong ability to lead direct and indirect teams.
• Advanced quantitative and analytical skills, including strong knowledge of Excel.
• Demonstrates excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills; the ability to present results of complex analyses clearly and succinctly.
• History of managing competing priorities effectively, and work efficiently in a high-paced environment.
• Demonstrated passion for media and a strong intellectual curiosity.
• Proactive, self-starter with excellent ability to drive change.
• Bachelor's degree; MBA preferred.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
About NBCUniversal, LLC
We are one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news and information to a global audience.
NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks, and a premium ad-supported streaming service. NBCUniversal is a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. We take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Join us.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal, LLC? Visit NBCUniversal, LLC's website.
Create the extraordinary.