Quality Assurance Engineer, Peacock
NBCUniversal, LLC, See List Below, Multiple Locations
Create the extraordinary.
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Peacock is the place to stream thousands of hours of hit movies and shows, exclusive originals, live sports, news, and pop culture. We’re in need of courageous leaders and creative problem-solvers who work hard and want to be at the epicenter of content, tech, and entertainment. NBCUniversal’s Peacock is growing, and we’re looking for another smart, passionate, and collaborative person to join our team.
We value inclusivity in our content and our people, and believe that success is only possible when we represent the world around us. So, are you ready to join our flock?
Quality Assurance Engineer, Peacock
The Peacock Technology team is seeking a Quality Assurance Engineer. The Quality Assurance Engineer on the Digital Operations team will be required to use standard industry tools to test development of pending applications and digital product from the NBCU team as well as monitor the quality of our live, in production, digital product.
Design and review testcases with the territory (US Market) expertise and be able to use your own initiative to add value to the current test pack for testing the applications to the core that are being built by off-shore team
Understand the proposition and use your expertise in coming up with ‘out of the box’ scenarios using the current territory (US Market) knowledge
Create and perform standard release regression test verification (per platform) to confirm successful code deployments and mobile store submissions
Perform regression, smoke and sanity testing using suite of OTT devices in scope
Participate in Agile ceremonies
Support remote team issues’, triage process and understand prioritization of work assignments.
Manage the creation, updates and status of issues detected during the test execution phase
Report Test execution status to Test Managers, Project Managers and Release Managers to ensure that all project deliverables are appropriately verified and approved for both distribution for owner verification and for final code deployment/ submission
Cover both E2E & UAT Testing from a user’s perspective
• Minimum two (2) years’ of experience in Quality Assurance processes and Test management tools e.g. Test Rails, Quality Center, Xray, Jira and Confluence.
• Experienced in website support and dynamic content testing for web applications.
• Familiarity with agile development methodologies and SDLC, especially with web, mobile, connected device and OTT applications
• Familiarity with current popular Connected Device/OTT (tvOS/Apple TV, Roku, Fire TV, Android TV, Xbox One, PS4, etc.)
• Familiarity with testing REST APIs and experienced on tools like POSTMAN, SOAPUI etc.
• Familiarity with applications supporting video/media playback
• Experience with building test plans and coordinating QA/UAT with functional teams
• Ability to adapt/adopt new technology and solutions easily
• Good understanding of networking, SSL, firewalls, CDN, DRM.
• Experience with Charles proxy, Splunk or similar logging tools and server logs itself.
• Must be able to learn and understand End to End Systems Workflows.
• Have prior experience with desktop, mobile and connected device and OTT development or support
• Ability to self-start, self-manage, meet deadlines, and learn from mistakes
• Familiarity with Automation Frameworks (Selenium, Cypress)
• Mobile Device Automation using (Browser Stack, Appium, Espresso)
• Experience in defining and maintaining automation framework
• Understanding of DevOps principles
• Have a passion for digital media platforms and entertainment industries
• Enjoy working in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines
• Familiarity with basic product support a plus
• Highly organized and able to prioritize and track multiple deliverable and projects
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
About NBCUniversal, LLC
We are one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news and information to a global audience.
NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks, and a premium ad-supported streaming service. NBCUniversal is a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. We take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Join us.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal, LLC? Visit NBCUniversal, LLC's website.
Our cornerstone is knowledge of the home, family, food and lifestyle markets.