Program Manager, Technology Delivery, Peacock
NBCUniversal, LLC, New York, New York
Create the extraordinary.
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
We value inclusivity in our content and our people, and believe that success is only possible when we represent the world around us. So, are you ready to join our flock?
Program Manager, Technology Delivery, PeacockThe Technology Program Manager, Direct to Consumer, will be responsible for the successful delivery of enterprise level programs and projects in support of the Peacock streaming product. This position requires strong communication skills, the ability to influence and program management expertise. In order to succeed a candidate should exhibit a keen ability to understand technology principles and agile delivery. Also important is the ability to establish and maintain key relationships within business and technology groups, and to interact with diverse stakeholders and partners.
- Lead and partner across workstreams to support stakeholder communications & program status
- Lead and partner with business, product & developer workstreams to execute technology deliverables
- Partner with other PMO and Delivery teams to ensure successful delivery within business expectations and requirements
- Provide program governance with clear and consistent communication of project level status for leadership, project sponsors, and stakeholders
- Engage and support executive stakeholders through plan preparation, status updates, risk planning and objective-based meetings
- Proactively identify and manage risks, issues, and dependencies and develop plans to escalate and mitigate them
- Utilize enterprise project management tools such as JIRA, Confluence, Smart sheet and other applications to provide project status and reporting, while adhering to PMO processes, documentation standards, and best practices
- Support planning activities to deliver maximum business value based on critical program KPIs
- Partner with embedded and tactical PM teams to ensure consistent and accurate project scoping, cost-benefit analysis, and level of effort assessments
- Effectively prioritize critical path activities to ensure on-time delivery
- Partner across the business to identify and secure resources required to execute plans and manage internal and external assigned resources
- Coordinate and manage change control in adherence to PMO standards
• 6+ years' experience leading complex technology delivery projects, building effective plans, and executing them to completion
• Strong knowledge of project & program management and communication skills, attention to detail, and the ability to clearly and concisely articulate complex concepts for a variety of audiences
• Key understanding of technology principles and work methods ( Agile, Scrum etc)
• Working knowledge of PM and tech working platforms such as JIRA, Confluence, Smartsheet and others
• Ability to take complex technology discussions and break them down for non-technical groups
• Strong leadership skills with the proven ability to coordinate and influence team members from multiple internal departments and external vendors
• Ability to effectively present ideas and communicate with senior leadership
• Strong character exhibiting company core values: Integrity, Creativity, Teamwork, Pioneering Spirit, and Ownership
• Proven ability to manage global teams with diverse backgrounds, business objectives, and time zones constraints
• Ability and desire to continually learn about new technologies, project management methodologies, and adapt to ever-changing business and industry needs
• Adaptable performer who can lead effectively under pressure and through significant change
• Culture carrier with strong leadership skills to drive, deliver, develop and inspire
• Results-oriented with initiative to work until job is complete
• Experience within streaming, media or telecom technology
• Education within business, engineering or technology or similar expertise or experience
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
About NBCUniversal, LLC
We are one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news and information to a global audience.
NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks, and a premium ad-supported streaming service. NBCUniversal is a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. We take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Join us.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal, LLC? Visit NBCUniversal, LLC's website.
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands