Digital Inventory Analyst
NBCUniversal, LLC, New York, New York
Create the extraordinary.
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
In this role, the Analyst, One Digital Video Inventory, will be primarily responsible for the processing of inventory-related requests for the expanding portfolio of ad products across our premium NBC Universal Digital properties & partners such as the YouTube, Vox, Apple News and Snapchat. The analyst will determine inventory levels and usage patterns, and coordinate with the National Sales Planning team in discussing allocation within a fast-paced environment.
Core responsibilities include:
- Supporting pre-sale/post-sale process by forecasting and allocating advertising inventory for NBCU Digital Portfolio
- (NBC, Bravo, USA, Syfy, E!, Oxygen, Access Hollywood, Telemundo, NBC Universo, CNBC, NBC News, MSNBC and Today) across various platforms, including but not limited to: Video, Longform, OTT, Set-Top-Box VOD, Mobile, Display and custom ad products.
- Working closely with National Sales Planners with on-request inventory avails, and final sign off on media plans, with emphasis on demo guaranteed buys, including convergence deals (linear + digital).
- Thoroughly review/approve insertion orders and modifications through order management system and effectively communicate any discrepancies with Planning team.
- Handle requests for our growing, data-focused/audience-driven aspect of the business (AdSmart), including Programmatic and Addressable Set-Top-Box VOD.
- Key focus on understanding technology, data and reporting tools/analytics needed for day-to-day.
- Responsible for keeping current processes documented and accurate.
- Collaborate with numerous departments: Planning, Sales, Operations, Digital Content Distribution, Sales Solutions, Research and Marketing.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Assist Sales management with reporting needs including proactive inventory reporting, site pacing against forecast, sales management reporting, risk reporting, and any ad hoc reporting requests, as needed.
- Collaborate with team on maintaining forecasting tools and reporting.
- Work with Ops and Planning to manage revenue at risk; provide input and solutions to address campaigns at risk.
- Along with team and Sr. Manager of Inventory, analyze and understand inventory levers and patterns to refine Excel-based methodologies for forecasting all types of ad inventory.
- QA and maintain inventory tools and systems.
•Four year degree (B.A,B.S) from an accredited college of university.
•A minimum of 1year online media experience is required. Ad Operations / Inventory Management background strongly desired.
•Proficiency with MS Excel (including pivot tables – role is Excel heavy).
•Strong work ethic.
•Extensive problem-solving skills; strong analytical approach and mindset.
•Ability to learn quickly and work independently.
•Demonstrated ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment while managing multiple projects and tight deadlines.
•Detail-oriented and organized.
•Self-motivated and resourceful.
•Ability to effectively communicate and interact with all levels in the organization, both written and verbally.
•Attraction & quick adaptation to ever-changing digital landscape.
•Strong knowledge of the digital media business, especially video advertising.
•Fluency in the language of digital media and online measurement: impressions, CTR, CPMs, eCPMs, uniques, page views, visits, referrers, viewability, demo comps, etc.
•Knowledge of Operative.One or similar Order Mgmt. System.
•Knowledge of Freewheel, Google Ad Manager (GAM), or Nielsen DAR/comScore VCE.
•Passion for the digital business.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
About NBCUniversal, LLC
We are one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news and information to a global audience.
NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks, and a premium ad-supported streaming service. NBCUniversal is a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. We take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Join us.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal, LLC? Visit NBCUniversal, LLC's website.
Create the extraordinary.