DreamWorks TV - Manager, Preschool Development
NBCUniversal, LLC, Glendale, California
Create the extraordinary.
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
development. In the role, the Manager will assist the VPs on all aspects of series development
including crafting and compiling notes on creative materials, coordinating look of show
development, and giving substantial feedback on other creative aspects of development
including writing and directing talent, casting, and music. The Manager will assist in pitch
preparation and transitioning a series from development into series production when it is sold.
The Development Manager is the “keeper” of all information for the projects in development;
ensuring meetings are prepped, materials distributed, & creative discussions are moving
forward. The Development Manager will help the Development Executives shepherd the
creative direction of the series from bible to visual development through to pitch and sale of
series. Along the way they will learn to build strong relationships by interfacing with external
creative departments and numerous departments in the organization including marketing, PR,
music, consumer products and casting. The Development Manager will work with the VPs to be
an Ambassador for the series within the company.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide and compile notes on all written and visual development materials such as bibles, scripts, character and background art, etc.
- Manage, build, and assemble pitch deck for the series, working with internal artists and the show creators to hone the pitch and materials needed.
- Create internal presentations as needed.
- Field pitches and book submissions to ID potential new series for development.
- Read writing submissions to ID and recommend talent for development and/or series staffing.
- Once a series is greenlit, they will help to staff the series by identifying key talent for the series
- and having meetings.
- Coordinate with development production teams to manage viz dev artists.
- Attend records if needed.
- Maintain project status update document tracking the progress of series in production.
- Attend department meetings, as well as meetings with other internal departments and external talent.
- Forging relationships with managers, agents and all levels of talent (from script coordinator to executive producers and writers), which would include taking General Meetings.
- Taking outside pitches and determining if they are right for development, presenting projects of interest to VPs along with recommendations.
- Works with and directs department Coordinators to ensure that the department documents (i.e. weekly reports, one-sheets, series overviews, etc) are maintained in an orderly and accessible manner.
- Co-managing the intern selection process program
- Provides direction to the administrative assistants and coordinators and ensures that work has been distributed efficiently.
- Keep up to date on what is going on in the animation/entertainment industry.
- Special Projects assigned
• 4+ years of experience in the entertainment industry, with 2+ years of experience as a Coordinator.
• Strong writing skills
• Required technical skills: Google Mail, Microsoft Office, Proficiency in Keynote & Photoshop. Movie-editing software a plus, but not required
• Comfortable dealing with high level executives and talent, in a professional and confidential manner
• Interest in television and animation
From the award-winning storytellers, artist and innovators at DreamWorks Animation and DreamWorks Animation Television come the beloved characters and stories that come alive on the big and small screens. From films like Shrek, How to Train Your Dragon and Trolls to original TV series including Trollhunters, Voltron and Home: Adventures with Tip & Oh, DreamWorks Animation continues to bring home the laughter, fun and courage to dream.
Visit www.dreamworksanimation.com to see our latest animated film and television productions.
DreamWorks is a division of NBCUniversal. At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
About NBCUniversal, LLC
We are one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news and information to a global audience.
NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks, and a premium ad-supported streaming service. NBCUniversal is a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. We take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Join us.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal, LLC? Visit NBCUniversal, LLC's website.
Create the extraordinary.