Meteorologist - Boston
NBCUniversal, LLC, Needham, Massachusetts
Create the extraordinary.
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
- Drive accurate weather forecasts and content on all platforms
- Be available at any time dangerous weather conditions occur
- Deliver urgent and accurate breaking weather news
- Keep news team informed of upcoming weather conditions for coverage plans
- Work directly with WSI to troubleshoot issues or needs
Produce weather forecasts, segments and stories
- Tell the market’s weather stories in a way that connects with and captivates viewers.
- Develop innovative and creative ways of presenting the daily weather story, with an emphasis on accuracy and integrity of data.
- Produce weather graphics and analyze data from the National Weather Service as well as other meteorological sources.
- Work with the producers and news team to create complete coverage of weather. Also prepare and post forecasts for multiple platforms.
- Some live reporting and attendance at community and weather-related events will be required.
- Use of social media daily and especially during severe events.
- Integrate use of augmented reality graphics into daily weather presentations
• Minimum of three years’ experience as a television weather meteorologist/anchor.
• Seal from accredited national weather organization (NWA, AMS) preferred
• External applicants must submit a resume/CV through nbcunicareers.com to be considered
• Must be willing to submit to a background investigation.
• Must have the ability to work flexible and sometimes long hours due to the nature of weather events.
• Must be 18 years or greater.
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
• Experience with severe weather coverage, including but not limited to heavy snow, hurricanes, tornados, severe thunderstorms, flooding and ice events
• Passion to be a part of a major weather event, no matter when it happens.
• BS degree in meteorology preferred.
• Compelling on-air presence - crisp, clear, and confidant
• Should thrive working under the intense deadline pressure of television weather.
• Technologically savvy with strong computer skills (working knowledge of WSI system preferred.)
• Excellent written and verbal communication/presentation skills.
• Strong leadership qualities and self-motivation.
• Understanding of the demands of an on-air HD environment
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
About NBCUniversal, LLC
We are one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news and information to a global audience.
NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks, and a premium ad-supported streaming service. NBCUniversal is a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. We take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Join us.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal, LLC? Visit NBCUniversal, LLC's website.
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands
Jobs You May Like
Associate Email Marketing Manager - Brightly, Consumer Marketing
Penguin Random House, New York City, NY