Motion Graphics Designer (Freelance) - Beijing Olympics
NBCUniversal, LLC, Stamford, Connecticut
Create the extraordinary.
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
PLEASE NOTE: This is a project / limited term position with an estimated duration of up to 13 months, unless otherwise amended or terminated as deliverables within this project are completed.
- Work closely with a small creative team, establishing design tonality and graphic look-and-feel for various properties in the NBC Sports Group portfolio
- Responsible for the creation of graphic and animated elements including in-game insert and interstitial graphics, show packages, opens and titles
- Effectively communicate concepts and ideas to the Art Director and design team
- Able to work on multiple packages and projects at the same time, while maintaining consistency with the overall graphic package
- Able to interface and work well with multiple producers and departments under tight deadlines, and short timelines
- Currently this position is remote until further notice.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience working at a network or broadcast design agency
- Understanding of the implementation of design elements in network television and live sports environments a must
- Passion for show packaging and knowledge of current trends in graphic design
- Passion for smart, functional design, and an understanding of the balance between information and entertainment
- Strong at concept & storyboard design
- Strong design and typography skills
- Strong understanding of the value of good motion theory
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- Must be flexible, detail-oriented, deadline driven and a good collaborator
- Expert knowledge of Adobe PS & AI
- Expert knowledge of Adobe After Effects (2.5D, C4D > AE, keying, rotoscoping, compositing, color grading, etc.)
- Extensive knowledge of Maxon Cinema 4D, including modeling, texturing, lighting, animating, use of dynamics, MoGraph, render optimization, etc.
- Love of sports/Olympics a plus
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
About NBCUniversal, LLC
We are one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news and information to a global audience.
NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks, and a premium ad-supported streaming service. NBCUniversal is a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. We take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Join us.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal, LLC? Visit NBCUniversal, LLC's website.
Create the extraordinary.