Senior Analyst, Strategy & Business Development
NBCUniversal, LLC, Universal City, California
Create the extraordinary.
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
The Film Strategy and Business Development department is a highly visible group that works closely with senior executive management across NBCUniversal and Comcast. The group works in conjunction with other business units within Universal Filmed Entertainment on a wide range of strategic initiatives including identifying key growth opportunities as well as operating efficiencies, examining film distribution strategies, evaluating financing & acquisition deals, optimizing release dating and managing the film greenlight process.
- Assists group and divisional counterparts in the development of long-term global strategy for Universal Pictures’ divisions
- Prepares comprehensive financial models related to film acquisition, film financing, production and distribution
- Performs financial analyses to evaluate strategic alternatives and new investment opportunities
- Conducts research and analysis related to Universal Pictures' IP exploitation to help inform studio strategic priorities
- Prepares comprehensive business plans for new growth initiatives, including expansion into production for internal and external streaming platforms and international growth
- Provides financial and strategic support in evaluating mergers & acquisitions, joint venture partnerships, minority investments and cross-divisional business development initiatives
- Prepares internal presentations highlighting strategic rationale, key considerations, upside opportunities, potential risks, etc.
• Bachelor’s degree
• Minimum of 2 years of experience in investment banking, management consulting, corporate strategy, business development or strategic planning
• Knowledge of Excel modeling and PowerPoint (minimum 2 years of experience preferred)
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV online to be considered
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be available to work extended hours and travel as needed [Optional]
• Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
• Strong attention to detail
• Strong interest and prior experience in the entertainment industry is strongly preferred
• A solid understanding of the film and/or media markets/business models
• Excellent quantitative and analytical skills, including significant financial modeling experience
• Prior Investment Banking or Management Consulting experience strongly preferred
• High degree of professionalism and the ability to interact with senior management
• Ability to handle multiple tasks under tight deadlines
• Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
About NBCUniversal, LLC
We are one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news and information to a global audience.
NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks, and a premium ad-supported streaming service. NBCUniversal is a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. We take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Join us.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal, LLC? Visit NBCUniversal, LLC's website.
Create the extraordinary.