Associate Producer, Nightly News
NBCUniversal, LLC, New York, New York
Create the extraordinary.
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
As an associate producer for Nightly News, you will work directly with producers and senior producers to help pitch, write and produce news content for broadcast.
- Assist with full scope of production including research, booking, and pre-interviewing
- Write and produce segments and live shots
- Gather visual elements and assist with editing for segment production
- Coordinate with technical and operations staff and outside resources selected by producers
- Support the Senior Producer in planning, organizing, and production of upcoming anchor segments
- Field produce segments, working closely with crews and talent
- Work closely with the Specials Unit in covering special reports
- Gather editorial content, build research packets, and prep anchor and team
- Create fact sheets, timelines, and subject research for anchor
- Fact check scripts
- Work closely with Digital and Social teams on story collaborations
• Must have at least five years of editorial experience working in production at the network or cable level
• Must have a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
• Must be proficient in Outlook and iNews
• Must be willing and able to travel and work flexible hours, under tight deadline pressure, including breaking news
• Must be able to work additional hours beyond scheduled shift with little or no notice if needed
• Must be willing to work overtime, nights, holidays, and weekends, often with short notice
• Shooting and desktop editing skills, and preliminary package producing skills required
• Strong journalistic writing skills, research skills, and editorial judgment
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize assignments
• Demonstrated field-producing skills
• Capable of handling short deadlines and working in a fast-paced news environment
• DV shooting experience
• Knowledge of non-linear editing systems including Avid
• Demonstrated strong knowledge and interest in news and current events
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Knowledge of NBC News Policies and Guidelines and Practices
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
About NBCUniversal, LLC
We are one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news and information to a global audience.
NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks, and a premium ad-supported streaming service. NBCUniversal is a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. We take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Join us.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal, LLC? Visit NBCUniversal, LLC's website.
Create the extraordinary.