Associate Producer, NBC News Climate Unit
NBCUniversal, LLC, New York, New York
Create the extraordinary.
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
NBC News is seeking a resourceful Associate Producer for the NBC News Climate Unit who will work directly with producers, senior producers and correspondents to create breakthrough news content for multiple platforms. Attention to detail is a must, as is a drive to be creative. The ideal candidate is a fast thinker who will find the right elements to take a story to the next level. We are looking for people who like to pick up the phone and chase information. APs will be called on to generate reporting and assist producers in all phases of production. APs who excel at these things will be given increasing levels of responsibility, including opportunities to produce pieces themselves, and assist with reporting in the field.
- Assist with full scope of production including research, booking, field producing and post-production
- Research, develop and pitch stories
- Gather and sometimes edit video elements for editors
- Prep and produce graphics for editors
- Research and clear footage
- Coordinate between the field team and the post team
- Maintain field production schedules
• Must have at least two years’ editorial experience working in production
• DV shooting experience
• Ability to travel as needed, often with limited notice
• Must be willing to work overtime, nights, holidays, and weekends, often with short notice
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
Additional Job Requirements
• Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
• Must be willing to work in New York, NY
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Experience at the network level or in climate journalism
• Demonstrated strong knowledge and interest in climate and environmental reporting
• Strong journalistic writing skills, research skills, and editorial judgment
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize assignments
• Knowledge of NBC News Policies and Guidelines and Practices
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
About NBCUniversal, LLC
We are one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news and information to a global audience.
NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks, and a premium ad-supported streaming service. NBCUniversal is a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. We take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Join us.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal, LLC? Visit NBCUniversal, LLC's website.
Create the extraordinary.