Production Manager, NBC News Digital
NBCUniversal, LLC, New York, New York
Create the extraordinary.
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
- Coordinate resources, equipment and elements to support an efficient production pipeline
- Oversee remote field production planning, implementation, project and budgets
- Project budgets for potential series, shows, and specials
- Vet budgets for stories with producers and track overall budget
- Track deliverables, manage project requests, and scheduling through all phases of production
- Help build and maintain production timelines for each story, series or special produced
- Oversee asset and metadata delivery to platforms and manage all portions of the delivery process
- Maintain production and post-production schedules to deliver all assets on deadline
- Plan, organize and communicate production timelines to align with designated deadlines and work with producers to meet them
- Establish and maintain relationships with internal partners in support of their production efforts
- Help procure and archive documentation (certificate of insurance, releases, and licenses, etc.)
- Oversee cue sheets and rights and clearances process for proper submission, accuracy and organization
- Ensure that archiving of projects occurs in accordance with our processes
- Help source and hire freelance producers, associate producers, production associates, and production staff as needed
- Source locations for shoots when required
- Organize details for shoots as needed: hair, make-up, lighting and set design, etc.
- Anticipate, react to, and resolve operational issues with urgency
- Troubleshoot potential pitfalls in the production process
• 5+ years of experience in Production Management, Post-
Production, Media or a related field
• Experience coordinating teams across verticals with
planning-related duties in the digital space
• Knowledge of Adobe Suite, Final Cut, Avid Media
Composer and transcoding variety of codecs
• Experience with Production clearances, licensing and
• Proven interpersonal, organizational, written and oral
• Ability to manage multiple, competing workstreams and
• Ability to notice inefficiencies, come up with new ways to
solve them and being confident in presenting those ideas
to team and partners.
• On-Set production and remote experience
• Meticulous attention to detail with ability to be a pro-
active problem solver
Additional Job Requirements:
• Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through
www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
• Social media, OTT, and/or data savvy, with a passion for
hybrid production environments
• Experience or exposure to news or documentary field
production or stories a plus
• Hands-on experience with Sony, Canon and other
Cinema cameras and DSLRs
• Knowledge of organizational software like Smartsheet a
• Production industry contacts a plus
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
About NBCUniversal, LLC
We are one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news and information to a global audience.
NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks, and a premium ad-supported streaming service. NBCUniversal is a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. We take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Join us.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal, LLC? Visit NBCUniversal, LLC's website.
Content is the cornerstone to all we do, and our audience is why we do it.