Weather Executive Producer - Storm Team 4 (WNBC)
NBCUniversal, LLC, New York, New York
Create the extraordinary.
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
The Storm Team 4 Executive Producer is a newsroom manager who leads the weather team, oversees all weather content across all platforms, and is responsible for getting the most out of our weather technology, including the Tri-State’s most powerful dual-pol radar, a mobile weather center, an exclusive weather model ensemble, and all the latest weather storytelling tools from The Weather Company and Baron, including augmented reality.
Candidates must be proficient in the Max and/or Lynx graphics systems and understand how to produce engaging and focused weather stories that offer value to the viewer on air, online, on OTT, on our apps, and more. This position is also responsible for planning and executing severe weather coverage and must be able to collaborate with news management, communicating strategy and planning clearly to the entire newsroom. The ability to lead special weather content and programming is a plus.
- Manage the Storm Team 4 team, producing the most compelling and relevant forecasts; coaching and mentoring them.
- Produce engaging weather stories with crisp graphics and focused storytelling across platforms, ensuring consistency in presentation and quality.
- Forecast the weather, which in the last year has included extreme cold and heat, tornadoes, hurricanes, snow squalls and more, and ensure Storm Team 4 remains the most accurate forecast in the Tri-State.
- Collaborate with the newsroom by actively participating in editorial meetings.
- Interface with all other departments, including digital, engineering, creative services and graphics.
- Work with directors to ensure clean, seamless newscasts and online/OTT content.
- Oversee all training and development programs.
- Track the latest tools and the competitive landscape.
- Bachelor’s degree in meteorology or related field.
- AMS Seal/CBM and/or NWA Seal preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of experience as a meteorologist in a television news operation, including a minimum of 2 years of management experience.
- Proficiency in The Weather Company Max and/or Baron Lynx. Demonstrated ability producing augmented reality segments is a plus.
- Must be flexible and able to work mornings, evenings, weekends, overnights, holidays or whenever the weather dictates.
- Note:This is NOT an on-air position.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
About NBCUniversal, LLC
We are one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news and information to a global audience.
NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks, and a premium ad-supported streaming service. NBCUniversal is a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. We take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Join us.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal, LLC? Visit NBCUniversal, LLC's website.
Create the extraordinary.