NBCUniversal, LLC, Washington, D.C., District of Columbia
Create the extraordinary.
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
- Cover all news stories as assigned
- Report/anchor from field, live shots, interviews, and package stories
- Write scripts, lead-ins, cues and bridges for newscasts
- Research, write, edit, produce and gather consumer/investigative content in Spanish and English
- Prepare consumer reports for air, working either independently or with a producer
- Develop a network of sources and experts to generate enterprise consumer/investigative stories on a daily basis
- Provide editorial guidance; manage tips database and resolve consumer complaints on a daily basis
- Present stories live on air partnering with photographers and as a single person MMJ
- Record daily topicals
- Produce original content for Digital Platforms
- Actively post on social media
- File and manage public records requests, conduct interviews, and contact companies for comment on stories
- May make appearances before social and civic groups and at schools and colleges on behalf of the station
- Minimum 4 years on-air reporting experience
- Minimum 2 years of experience in investigative/consumer reporter or producer
- Minimum of 2 years experience as a Multimedia Journalist
- Minimum of 2 years of live shot experience
- B.A. degree in Journalism & Communications, or related field or equivalent work experience
- Must be willing to work in Washington, DC
- Must be 18 years or older
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- Must be bilingual (Spanish/English) with the ability to proficiently read, write and speak in Spanish
- Ability to work nights, holidays and weekends
- Strong news judgment, excellent journalistic instincts and a critical eye for details
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to develop contacts to break stories, news tips
- React quickly and aggressively to breaking news
- Ability to multi-task efficiently and handle high-pressure situations on a consistent basis, especially during story research and investigations, as well as breaking news situations
- Must have strong interpersonal skills and work well within a strong station team environment
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
About NBCUniversal, LLC
We are one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news and information to a global audience.
NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks, and a premium ad-supported streaming service. NBCUniversal is a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. We take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Join us.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal, LLC? Visit NBCUniversal, LLC's website.
Create the extraordinary.