NBCUniversal, LLC, Miami, Florida
Create the extraordinary.
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
The Director must be able to interpret scripts, work with talent, crew and producers to establish the pace of the program and stay within the time requirement. The Show Director must have the ability to direct news, talk, sports, entertainment, special events and automated shows.
- Issuing instructions to the control room, audio and studio technicians before and during live or recorded programs to keep them informed of the show’s rundown, camera shots, effects, graphics, playback order and other specific information.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of broadcast and production technology. Especially Automated Production Systems (i.e. Sony ELC, Ross Overdrive, GV Ignite, Viz Mosart, etc.).
- Proficiency working with NRCS systems (i.e. Avid iNEWS, Dalet, ENPS, etc.).
- Demonstrated ability to embrace, learn and implement new technologies.
- Experience in planning and executing shows on remote location.
- Ability to ensure high quality standards, troubleshoot issues and adapt quickly to change.
- Work collaboratively with production, editorial and technical staff to execute successful broadcasts.
- Documentation of on/off air discrepancies in the form of an End of Show Report.
- Be able to lead a team and to motivate talent and crew members.
- Proven ability to prioritize and work well under tight deadlines.
- Strong journalistic skills and good editorial judgment
• Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Television Production or related and 5+ years’ experience as a Show Director in a live/recorded television production environment.
• Fully bilingual: English and Spanish
• Must be available to work all shifts, including early mornings, evenings, holidays, weekends, late breaking news and hurricane emergencies.
• Must be willing to facilitate personnel requirements including late and/or last-minute scheduling changes in a 24/7 live/recorded production work environment.
• Must be willing to travel (sometimes internationally) as needed, sometimes on short notice.
• Must be able to translate creatively a writer’s, Producer’s and other originators' vision into a coherent, marketable, entertaining or informative program.
• Be aware of and value the contribution of all crew members to the creation of the final program.
• Be able to make decisions quickly, communicate clearly, and react with a level head swiftly to unexpected occurrences.
• Be able to conceptualize ideas, think visually and pay precise attention to detail.
• Have a methodical approach to work, along with a high stress tolerance and stamina.
• Must be willing to work in the greater Miami, Florida area
• Must be 18 years or older
• Must have a valid driver’s license
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU’s Alternative Dispute Resolution Program
• Basic computer skills and familiarity with Windows operating systems.
• Have strong interpersonal and professional communication skills.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal Telemundo Enterprises is a world-class media company leading the industry in the production and distribution of high-quality, Spanish-language content to U.S. Hispanics and audiences around the world. This fast-growing multiplatform portfolio is comprised of the Telemundo Network and Station Group, Telemundo Deportes, Telemundo Global Studios, Universo, and a Digital Enterprises & Emerging Business unit. Telemundo Network features original Spanish-language entertainment, news and sports content reaching 94% of U.S. Hispanic TV households in 210 markets through 30 local stations, 51 affiliates and its national feed. Telemundo also owns WKAQ, a television station that serves viewers in Puerto Rico. Telemundo Deportes is the designated Spanish-language home of two of the world’s most popular sporting events: FIFA World Cup™ through 2026 and the Summer Olympic Games through 2032. Telemundo Global Studios is the company’s domestic and international scripted production unit including Telemundo Studios, Telemundo International Studios, Telemundo International, as well as all of the company’s co-production partnerships. As the #1 media company reaching Hispanics and millennials online, the Digital Enterprises & Emerging Business unit distributes original content across multiple platforms, maximizing its exclusive partnerships with properties such as BuzzFeed, Vox and Snapchat. Through Telemundo Internacional, the largest U.S.-based distributor of Spanish-language content in the world and Universo, the fastest growing Hispanic entertainment cable network, the company reflects the diverse lifestyle, cultural experience and language of its expanding audience. NBCUniversal Telemundo Enterprises is a division of NBCUniversal, a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
About NBCUniversal, LLC
We are one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news and information to a global audience.
NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks, and a premium ad-supported streaming service. NBCUniversal is a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. We take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Join us.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal, LLC? Visit NBCUniversal, LLC's website.
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands