Producer - NBC Connecticut
NBCUniversal, LLC, Hartford, Connecticut
Create the extraordinary.
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
- Produce and write assigned segments.
- Participate in daily planning meetings. Contribute ideas for news programming based on the NBC Connecticut News Strategy.
- Work closely with program’s Executive Producer to determine the composition and flow of the newscast, to select video, to write and copy-edit stories. Make certain program elements abide by NBC Owned Television Stations News Guidelines as well as the NBC Connecticut News Strategy.
- Generate daily topicals and show graphics.
- Be present in control room during news program and communicate with producer, director and production personnel.
- Ensure video detail and news rundown is provided to editors. Make certain all video is previewed for accuracy.
- Use website and social media tools to monitor and report news, find sources and leads for stories.
Monitor mainstream and social media sites for story ideas and competitive intelligence.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
About NBCUniversal, LLC
We are one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news and information to a global audience.
NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks, and a premium ad-supported streaming service. NBCUniversal is a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. We take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Join us.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal, LLC? Visit NBCUniversal, LLC's website.
Content is the cornerstone to all we do, and our audience is why we do it.