Digital Video Editor
NBCUniversal, LLC, Chicago, Illinois
Create the extraordinary.
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
- Edit daily video content for NBCSportsChicago.com and social media platforms
- Edit video for linear platforms
- Edit daily podcasts and handle publishing process
- Coordinate original content ideas with Multimedia Producer
- Knowledge base of Chicago sports with ability to select interesting and compelling video content for fans
- Monitor breaking and developing news stories to ensure compelling, relevant video is published as quickly as possible
- Monitor in-game action to identify key highlights for video sharing
- Communicate and coordinate with Cubs, White Sox, Bulls, Blackhawks and Bears content teams.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Punctual, regular and consistent attendance
- 3 years of experience minimum, preferably sports; Chicago sports experience a plus
- Must have strong working knowledge of Adobe Premiere and After Effects
- Experience with converting and compressing media
- Strong editorial decision maker; ability to know what makes “fan-first” compelling and valuable content
- Ability to work under tight time restrictions
- Ability to work in a fast paced, high pressure environment with a positive attitude
- Ability to work nights, weekends and holidays
- Self-starter with demonstrated initiative
- Must be detail oriented with strong organization skills
- Handles multiple demands and competing priorities simultaneously in a strict deadline-oriented environment
- Teamwork - can work independently and in a small group
- Bachelor of Arts in communications, video production/media, or related fields (or equivalent experience)
- Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
- Must be willing to work in Chicago, IL
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- Must be 18 years or older
- It is the policy of NBCUniversal and NBCUniversal’ s affiliated businesses to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
NBCUniversal is one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks.
NBC Sports Group serves sports fans 24/7 with premier live events, insightful studio shows, and compelling original programming. The sports media company consists of NBC Sports, NBC Olympics, NBCSN, Golf Channel, Olympic Channel: Home of Team USA, NBC Sports Regional Networks, NBC Sports Radio and NBC Sports Digital, which includes NBCSports.com, NBCOlympics.com, GolfChannel.com, the digital assets of the NBC Sports Regional Networks, Rotoworld, the NBC Sports Talk franchise, multiple apps, and two transactional sports businesses, GolfNow and SportsEngine. NBC Sports Group possesses an unparalleled collection of television rights agreements, partnering with some of the most prestigious sports properties in the world: the International Olympic Committee and United States Olympic Committee, the NFL, NHL, NASCAR, INDYCAR, PGA TOUR, The R&A, PGA of America, Churchill Downs, Premier League, Tour de France, French Open, and many more.
The Digital Video Editor is responsible for editing all digital video and audio content into the appropriate formats for distribution on the web site and social media platforms. Additionally, the editor will identify, create, prioritize and schedule video content on a daily basis to ensure NBC Sports Chicago platforms provides fans – on all devices – with the most compelling and engaging, Chicago sports content possible.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
About NBCUniversal, LLC
We are one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news and information to a global audience.
NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks, and a premium ad-supported streaming service. NBCUniversal is a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. We take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Join us.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal, LLC? Visit NBCUniversal, LLC's website.
Create the extraordinary.