Part-Time Content Miner - NBC Sports Washington
NBCUniversal, LLC, Bethesda, Maryland
Create the extraordinary.
Reporting to the Senior Editor, the Weekend Freelance Content Miner will help find, publish and promote compelling content that successfully develops NBC Sports Washington’s digital platforms. This position will be responsible for using creative and innovative methods to tell stories through a wide range of tools on NBC Sports Washington’s website, app and social media accounts. The Content Miner will assist on and occasionally lead day-to-day editorial maintenance of those platforms and work with partners on content distribution.
Create timely, relevant written content on an aggressive news desk by monitoring news sources and identifying stories, writing enticing headlines, selecting proper complementary content such as photos and video, and crafting social media messaging that draws traffic and followers
Coordinate with the Senior Editor, NBC Sports Washington colleagues and the NBC Sports digital team on best practices for the display and distribution of content
Participate in developing, implementing and maintaining an efficient workflow in a fast-paced content operation
Work with internal and external distribution partners to maximize the reach of NBC Sports Washington content
Edit content from NBC Sports Washington content miners and team insiders to ensure a consistent and appropriate voice, tone and appearance that speaks with our fans.
Ensure all content, regardless of platform, meets NBC Sports Washington’s standards for journalistic integrity and production quality
Properly prioritize production of content and ensure all has a consistent "feel," and is engaging, accurate, informative and current on all platforms
Work with programming and production colleagues to execute editorial strategies and packages
- BA/BS in Communications, Journalism or equivalent experience
- Proven writing and editing skills, in terms of quality and proficiency, with a strong knowledge of AP style and SEO. Experience producing content in fast-paced news environments a plus.
- 2+ years of writing for a news, sports publication, or a website.
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of social media tools, including but not limited to Twitter, Instagram and Facebook. Experience effectively working with corporate accounts a plus.
- Must be a self-starter who can work independently with minimal supervision but also is able to work effectively within a team environment
- Strong knowledge of Washington, DC teams and general sports, and what content drives fan interest
- Basic understanding of HTML and web video editing tools
- Must possess strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Must be detail-oriented and organized, and have a proven track record in multitasking effectively
- Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
- Must be willing to work flexible hours including evenings, early mornings, weekends and holidays when necessary
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
About NBCUniversal, LLC
We are one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news and information to a global audience.
NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks, and a premium ad-supported streaming service. NBCUniversal is a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. We take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Join us.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal, LLC? Visit NBCUniversal, LLC's website.
Create the extraordinary.