Freelance Producer- NBC Boston
NBCUniversal, LLC, Needham, Massachusetts
Create the extraordinary.
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
- Responsible for the content and overall production of the local newscasts
- Oversee all details of the broadcast while working closely with all members of the news team
- Stack the rundown and manage the on-air broadcast from the control room
- Contribute story ideas for the newscast and work closely with reporters to execute those ideas
- Produce news stories and specials as assigned
- Oversee and write the news briefs and daily promos when needed
- Respond quickly and aggressively to breaking news and getting information on the air
- Copy-edit reporter scripts as well as all newscast copy
- Must work a flexible schedule when needed to cover other shifts and breaking news
- Field produce stories for the on-air newscast and other news content platforms
- Ensure accuracy of and update information for the on-air news ticker/crawl at the bottom of the screen
- College degree Required
- Minimum of 1-2 years of television news line producing experience
- Minimum of 1-2 years of technical skills in news production including creating show rundowns
- Must be proficient in desktop editing
- Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV through nbcunicareers.com to be considered
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule
- Must be willing to work at the station in Needham, MA.
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- Experience line producing breaking news
- Excellent tease-writing skills
- High degree of flexibility in scheduling and assignments
- Driven interest in current events & local issues
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
About NBCUniversal, LLC
We are one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news and information to a global audience.
NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks, and a premium ad-supported streaming service. NBCUniversal is a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. We take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Join us.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal, LLC? Visit NBCUniversal, LLC's website.
Create the extraordinary.