T39 Video Journalist
NBCUniversal, LLC, Dallas - Fort Worth, Texas
Create the extraordinary.
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
- Will shoot, write & edit story ideas on a daily basis
- Work directly with Assistant News Director, E.P. and News Producer on story ideas and development
- Present completed story with fair, accurate and community relevant content
- Will report Live in newscasts and breaking news
- Coordinate, organize and conduct interviews
- Develop on-going “sweeps” style stories. (Produce original content for an assigned newscast, news series or exclusive digital content)
- Back-up news anchor when needed
- Represent Telemundo in community related events
- Strategically engage in social media.
- Must have the skills to operate a Dejero live unit, set up and shoot their own live shots
• BA or BS or equivalent experience
• At least two (3) years Reporting, shooting, writing, and editing experience with good ratings track record
• Must be an excellent writer and communicator in English and Spanish
• Enterprise reporting required
• Strong live reporting presence a must
• Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered (note job #)
• Must be willing to work in Fort Worth south of DFW airport
• Must be willing to work weekends
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be 18 years or older
• Must have a valid driver’s license
• Must be fluent in Spanish and English (speak, read & write)
• Must be able to provide a reel/portfolio of work examples -- if available, include a web address when you submit your resume (if applicable)
• Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU’s Alternative Dispute Resolution Program
• Physical requirements required to perform medium/heavy physical work which includes:
Lifting and carrying camera equipment ranging from 15 lbs. to 50 lbs. (in camera weight) for extended periods of time to shoot on remote locations
• News judgment with solid ethical decision process
• High competitive nature
• Ability to perform under tight deadlines
• Skills to be a problem solver
• Creative with strong sense of community involvement for unique story ideas
• Strong Writing skills with ability to connect on an emotional level
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
About NBCUniversal, LLC
We are one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news and information to a global audience.
NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks, and a premium ad-supported streaming service. NBCUniversal is a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. We take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Join us.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal, LLC? Visit NBCUniversal, LLC's website.
Content is the cornerstone to all we do, and our audience is why we do it.