DreamWorks TV - Effects Artist (Pipeline TD)
NBCUniversal, LLC, Glendale, California
Create the extraordinary.
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
DreamWorks Animation Television has an exciting new opportunity for an Effects Artist (Pipeline TD) to join its team based in Glendale, California. This position is covered by the Animation Guild
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Troubleshoot and solve technical issues that block or slow down Effects Artists
Use Python to develop tools and processes for use across all shows utilizing Maya,
Houdini, and Nuke
Create integrations with studio services using provided APIs including Deadline and
- Research new workflows to meet creative goals of productions
- Design, setup, organize, and document reusable FX rigs for Partner Studios
- Create reusable Nuke gizmos to work with corresponding FX rigs
Work with DreamWorks TV’s in-house CG team and the FX teams at our Partner Studios to
develop and implement FX setups that achieve the approved look and expectations
of show Creative Leadership
- Document workflows and processes for in house and overseas use
● Strong Knowledge of Python development both in and out of DCCs
● Ability to create robust user interfaces for tools using PySide / Qt for Python
● Using Git version control as part of a team development workflow
● Experience using Houdini to create and share HDAs or reusable setups
● Experience with Maya dynamics workflows
● Experience with VRay
● Experience with Nuke in compositing workflows
● Excellent communication skills
● Ability to work in a fast-paced production environment
● Enthusiasm and interest for solving technical problems
● Experience working within a 3D production pipeline in television animation, feature animation, VFX, and/or video games
● Ability to create and deliver a complete effects shot: Simulation, Lighting, and Final Compositing
● Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science preferred but not required
From the award-winning storytellers, artist and innovators at DreamWorks Animation and DreamWorks Animation Television come the beloved characters and stories that come alive on the big and small screens. From films like Shrek, How to Train Your Dragon and Trolls to original TV series including Trollhunters, Voltron and Home: Adventures with Tip & Oh, DreamWorks Animation continues to bring home the laughter, fun and courage to dream.
Visit www.dreamworksanimation.com to see our latest animated film and television productions.
DreamWorks is a division of NBCUniversal. At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
About NBCUniversal, LLC
We are one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news and information to a global audience.
NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks, and a premium ad-supported streaming service. NBCUniversal is a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. We take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Join us.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal, LLC? Visit NBCUniversal, LLC's website.
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands