Our desk assistants’ positions are entry-level positions with benefits. The positions are staff with end date (18 months).
Desk assistants’ main duties and responsibilities are performing administrative, operational, and editorial tasks for the NBC News Washington Bureau and the NBC News and MSNBC cable news programs it serves.
- Answering Washington Bureau News desk phones.
- Coordinating and gathering incoming news video.
- Logging news events and flagging editorial for the bureau including the White House.
- Assisting correspondents and anchors with editorial and production tasks during program airings/tapings.
- Greeting guests for news programs, escorting them to studios, preparing them for live shots. Working with the assignment desk.
Desk assistants’ additional professional opportunities may include:
- Field-producing coverage of news events or elements for news reports.
- Digital journalist camera-shooting of news events.
- Producing news reports for various NBC News or MSNBC programs, NBC News affiliates, or NBC News/msnbc.com websites.
- Some desk assistants may obtain assignments as MSNBC production assistants.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
- 24/7 availability: ability/willingness to work overtime, nights,
holidays, and weekends, often with short notice.
- Strong journalistic writing skills, research skills, editorial
- Television newsroom experience.
- Digital journalism experience
- Strong interest in and demonstrated knowledge of
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent telephone communications skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft word and outlook e-mail.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize assignments.
- Ability to work effectively in a high-intensity environment,
often under tight deadline pressures.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
About NBCUniversal, LLC
We are one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news and information to a global audience.
NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks, and a premium ad-supported streaming service. NBCUniversal is a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. We take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Join us.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal, LLC? Visit NBCUniversal, LLC's website.
Create the extraordinary.