News Reporter - KXAS
NBCUniversal, LLC, Dallas - Fort Worth, Texas
Create the extraordinary.
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
NBC Universal’s Owned Television station in the Dallas/Fort Worth area, KXAS TV, is looking for a News Reporter. This position is responsible for gathering news information and preparing for presentation on-air, online and for OTT. The ideal candidate is hungry to cover the lead story, to pitch well thought out enterprise content, excels at covering breaking news and knows how to succeed on tight deadlines. In addition, a reporter at KXAS-TV has the opportunity to work with some of this best photographers and producers in the country, so the ability to collaborate is a must.
• Minimum 3 years television reporting
• Proven track record of strong live reporting skills and strong innovative storytelling
• Experience in contributing to station website
• External applicants must submit a resume/CV through gecareers.com to be considered (Note- job #BR).
* Must be willing to work in the Dallas/Fort Worth, TX area.
• Must submit a reel of own work to be considered
• Must have a valid driver’s license
• Must be 18 years or greater
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be able to work long hours and a variety of shifts, when necessary
• Must be able to work early mornings, late nights and on weekends
• Must accept Solutions as NBCUniversal’s Alternative Dispute Resolution program
• Bachelor’s Degree
• General assignment reporting skills preferred
• Bilingual a plus
• Ability to enterprise stories
• Experience with digital editing and photography a plus
• Excellent writing skills.
• Must be able to ad-lib effortlessly in various types of situations, particularly breaking news
• Must be able to handle intense deadline pressure
• Experience of working simultaneous on a web product
• Strong knowledge of social networking in regards to content gathering and distribution
• Work in a team environment
Interested candidates can apply on line at www.nbcunicareers.com. The position number is #KXAS TV and KXTX TV are Equal Opportunity Employers. NBC5 Job Hotline (817) 654-6476.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
About NBCUniversal, LLC
We are one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news and information to a global audience.
NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks, and a premium ad-supported streaming service. NBCUniversal is a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. We take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Join us.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal, LLC? Visit NBCUniversal, LLC's website.
Content is the cornerstone to all we do, and our audience is why we do it.