Assistant News Director - NBC Chicago
NBCUniversal, LLC, Chicago, Illinois
Create the extraordinary.
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
The Assistant News Director will:
- Manage day-to-day coverage, big story and breaking news on-air, as well as special reports and Olympics coverage.
- Oversee and manage station’s award-winning investigative and consumer units, including story selection, legal and standards approvals, and script review
- Create expectations for all aspects of the newscasts regarding style, content, graphics and on-air execution.
- Oversee news promotional strategy, script writing and identify future promotional opportunities.
- Be present at all editorial meetings and conduct post-mortems for daily newscasts and insure follow through.
- Be responsible for news staff development and training in coordination with other news managers.
- Approve staff schedules as developed by individual managers, including content producers and platform managers.
- Work to grow collaboration with Telemundo Chicago on daily stories, investigations, and special projects Develop and manage ongoing staff recruitment in all news areas.
- Work with Director of Digital to develop new content for digital and streaming platforms, including OTT
- Will manage the performance evaluation process and conduct annual performance appraisals for news department staff.
- Be involved with all aspects of news content for station’s web site and other digital platforms
ADDITIONAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
About NBCUniversal, LLC
We are one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news and information to a global audience.
NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks, and a premium ad-supported streaming service. NBCUniversal is a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. We take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Join us.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal, LLC? Visit NBCUniversal, LLC's website.
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands