Director, International Marketing
NBCUniversal, LLC, Universal City, California
Create the extraordinary.
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Works with SVP and Global Marketing team in the day-to-day creation, management & implementation of marketing strategy across select titles for all UPI. Works with individual markets in the creation, development and adaptation of campaigns to meet local strategic needs.
- Works with Senior Vice President of International Marketing in the development and implementation of marketing campaigns including strategy, creative direction and planning across departments.
- Leads a cross-departmental, film-specific team representing all disciplines with aligned teams from digital, media, creative, promotions and publicity in campaign planning and execution.
- Along with the SVP, chairs weekly film team meetings, sets priorities and action items for all departments.
- Manages, either directly or via direct reports, the execution of any market-sourced ideas for global implementation.
- Manages the team for any filmmaker and stakeholder outreach and approval processes.
- Writes and compiles international strategy documents and presentations and oversees the collection and feedback on int’l market campaign overviews.
- Produces and coordinates materials, script and overall show-flows of int’l exhibitor conventions and Comic Cons, with distribution, marketing and publicity, and acts as Producer or Showrunner on the ground during events.
- Works with distribution and exhibitor services as a marketing liaison to craft communication to international exhibitors and to create and develop exhibitor specific materials.
- Oversees the flow of information between departments and communicates weekly status and troubleshoots any special needs and deadlines.
- Manages all music licensing and internet clearance issues for International if needed
- Manages prize packages – if any.
- Sources and makes recommendations for use of outside vendors and agencies.
- Works on special projects involving both internal divisions and international field offices.
- Works with President of Int’l Marketing and SVP on the creation of local, regional and international conferences including building presentation decks and managing the presentations on-the-ground at each event.
• 5+ years of experience in a marketing position preferred
• 2+ years of experience working in a global structure
• Previous experience working in areas of audio/visual materials and/or print production useful.
• Previous experience with components of print and broadcast campaigns preferred.
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV online to be considered
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU’s Alternative Dispute Resolution Program
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Proven efficient Excel and Word
• Attentive to detail
• Ability to work well under pressure and flexible to work late hours to meet deadlines.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, prioritize workload efficiently and meet strict deadlines for complete tasks/assignments.
• Self-starter. Able to initiate projects and solve problems effectively.
• Ability to work with little or no supervision.
• Ability to identify and propose procedural changes to supervisors to make job tasks more efficient.
For almost a century, Universal has been known for its diverse slate of films, including classics such as Jaws, the Jurassic Park series, Mamma Mia, Fast and Furious and Bourne. UPI owns and operates direct theatrical marketing and distribution of feature films in many locations around the globe including Austria, Australia, France, Germany, Italy, Korea, Mexico, Netherlands, Russia, Spain, Switzerland and UK & Eire. In other territories UPI market and distribute movies through its JV offices, as well as in select territories, licensees who are contracted to distribute on UPI's behalf.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
About NBCUniversal, LLC
We are one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news and information to a global audience.
NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks, and a premium ad-supported streaming service. NBCUniversal is a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. We take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Join us.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal, LLC? Visit NBCUniversal, LLC's website.
Create the extraordinary.