- Provide administrative support for leadership team, including calendar management, scheduling, and new hire onboarding
- Work closely with the Today.com Executive Editor and Managing Editors on scheduling and staff communication
- Pitch and write articles for Today.com with an understanding of Today’s audience and trends
- Work with the ‘Hoda and Jenna’ team to provide support, on social media projects and Today.com articles
- Write and optimize headlines for Today.com video
- Look at analytics to see how our editorial and social content is performing and use that data to inform social and editorial decisions
• Bachelor’s Degree in communication, journalism or a
similar relevant field of study
• 1+ year with writing experience; news experience is a
• Exceptional and proven knowledge of grammar and AP
• Strong, proven editorial judgement and an understanding of the TODAY voice and audience
• Highly organized, detail-oriented self-starter with the
ability to multitask
• A passion for social, digital media, and following latest
trends in the digital media space
• A drive to innovate and think creatively across text, video
and photo storytelling
Additional Job Requirements:
• Willingness to work east coast (NY-based) hours
• Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through
www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
• Outstanding communication skills with the ability to
prioritize while multitasking
• Desire to work in a creative, demanding, competitive but
highly rewarding news environment
• Comfort being an independent self-starter, but also part
of a multi-location, multi-time zone team
• Experience analyzing social and site analytics
• Experience with live television production
• Experience in digital media and social media
• Active awareness of TODAY personalities and brands
• Video editing experience a plus
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
About NBCUniversal, LLC
We are one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news and information to a global audience.
NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks, and a premium ad-supported streaming service. NBCUniversal is a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. We take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Join us.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal, LLC? Visit NBCUniversal, LLC's website.
Create the extraordinary.