Sales Planner, Sports
NBCUniversal, LLC, New York, New York
Create the extraordinary.
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
The Sales Planner is primarily responsible for the development of strategic linear and digital sales proposals that meet both the advertiser and network’s needs. Will also be responsible for managing day-to-day partner relationships and account management work.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead in the creation of proposals for incoming RFPs by creating media plans to meet advertiser and category objectives
- Build media plans and schedule units based on inventory avails
- Prepare and revise Upfront and Scatter sales plans that maximize the use of inventory while fulfilling agency/client requirements
- Collaborate and brainstorm with the team in the creation of proactive and strategic proposals
- Complete additional projects as directed by Strategic Planning and Ad Sales Finance Management
- Develop strong understanding of our products and solutions for advertisers
- Establish relationships with agency and advertiser partners
- Respond to Sales requests about inventory, ad products, creative specifications, and research
- Liaison with partners to ensure that all contractual obligations are met
- Coordinate with CFS group to establish credit clearance process and non-media billing procedures when applicable
- Team with Account Executive to understand agency/client goals and objectives and brainstorm solutions
- Accountable for campaign results and providing clients with strategic and tactical guidance to achieve online marketing objectives
- Combine data analytics and client feedback to configure, operate, and optimize campaigns to meet client objectives
- Work with all internal departments (Ad Ops, Marketing, Management, Site Teams, etc.) on the development and implementation of client campaigns
- Create media plans that meet customer needs and maximize revenue for the Entertainment Group and NBCUniversal
- Manage client relationships and deliver superior customer service
- Handle client services and ensuring all digital campaigns get live, including collection of assets and liaising with Ad Ops to ensure campaigns go live as expected
- Lead the monitoring and reporting of campaign performance and proactively communicate any issues to internal team and client, when necessary
- Communicate campaign highlights and/or red flags to AE/Planning Manager to enable resolution with client
- Monitor campaign to ensure delivery (running internal and 3rd party reporting) – assist with billing
- Deliver campaign recap to AEs and/or clients summarizing performance
· Bachelor’s degree required
· 1+ years related experience in online or television media sales or buying
· Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
· Willingness to travel and work overtime, and on weekends with short notice
· Must be willing to work in New York, NY
· Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
· Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite: Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and internet research
· Strong knowledge of media math and audience metrics
· Possess strong interpersonal and organizational skills, ability to multi-task and handle projects independently, as well as part of a team
· Ambitious and highly motivated
· Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Digital Media Industry experience preferred
· Ad Serving software and tracking knowledge a plu
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
About NBCUniversal, LLC
We are one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news and information to a global audience.
NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks, and a premium ad-supported streaming service. NBCUniversal is a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. We take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Join us.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal, LLC? Visit NBCUniversal, LLC's website.
Home of the world’s best books.