Software Development Engineer, Peacock
NBCUniversal, LLC, See List Below, Multiple Locations
Create the extraordinary.
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
As a company, we embrace the power of difference. Our team is committed to creating an organization that champions diversity and inclusivity for all by curating content and a workforce that represents the world around us. We continue to challenge ourselves and the industry by being customer-centric, data-driven creatures of innovation. At Peacock, we are determined to forge the next frontier of streaming through creativity, teamwork, and talent.
Here you can fly to new heights!
The Software Development Engineer 2 will join a team that will help build products and services able to withstand scale, reliability and resiliency. We have a collaborative environment in a distributed team, and we need someone who is conscientious, energetic and has a passion for tech.
- Participate in the development of low-latency, highly scalable web services
- Design, build and deliver microservices on cloud infrastructure with CI & CD pipelines
- Participate in code reviews, pair programming, and other code quality related initiatives
- Collaborate with the team in ideating over architecture decisions and actively participate in design discussions
- Inspect and resolve issues in development, test, and production environments
- Complete tasks as part of an agile team and adapt to dynamic business requirements
- Closely partner with other Software Engineers, Product Owners and Project Managers
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a relevant field
- Minimum four (4) years’ experience building products/applications/services as a full stack engineer
- Must have experience in building database backed MicroServices
- Must have experience in NoSQL Document Stores such as MongoDB or CouchDB and Caching Stores such as Redis or Memcache
- Strong understanding of building highly available and resilient services
- Experience in creating and maintaining jobs in CI systems like Jenkins or GoCD
- Experience in applying TDD or Unit Testing principles to the code
- Experience working with containers (Docker, Kubernetes) and in deploying services to Cloud providers such as AWS or GCP
- Strong understanding of Agile/Lean methodologies
- Strong understanding about queuing systems such as Kafka or RabbitMQ
• Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered (note job #: )
• Must be willing to work in Stamford, CT
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be 18 years or older
• Availability to travel as required
• It is the policy of NBCUniversal and NBCUniversal’ s affiliated businesses to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
About NBCUniversal, LLC
We are one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news and information to a global audience.
NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks, and a premium ad-supported streaming service. NBCUniversal is a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. We take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Join us.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal, LLC? Visit NBCUniversal, LLC's website.
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands