Meteorologist - Telemundo Philadelphia
NBCUniversal, LLC, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Create the extraordinary.
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
As an NBC 10 | Telemundo 62 employee, you will have the opportunity to join a fast-paced production / operation team that delivers news programming. You will be supporting NBC’s 24/7 broadcast news group and our Engineering and Operations department. Assignments will include working from our state-of-the-art facility in Philadelphia, PA.
- Implement Telemundo 62’s philosophy of being the most trusted source for disruptive weather on all platforms
- Develop innovative and creative ways of presenting the daily weather story
- Provide high-precision weather forecasts that impact our viewers
- Process weather story quickly to prepare and protect our viewers
- Breaking Weather Cut-ins
- Use social media daily and especially during severe weather
- Upload daily digital weather segments
- Updating weather content on telemundo62.com
- Live weather reporting and storytelling
- Make public appearances on behalf of station as an ambassador for the company
- Drive the weather content with producers and platforms
- Be available at any time dangerous weather conditions occur
- Have urgency and accuracy with breaking news
- Keep producers and managers informed of upcoming weather conditions for coverage plans
- Support other stations when needed
- Work directly with WSI to troubleshoot issues or needs
- Tell the market’s weather stories in a way that connects with and captivates viewers
- Produce weather graphics and analyze data from the National Weather Service as well as other meteorological sources.
- Produce AR and other graphics to give context to weather stories
- Work with the producers and news team to create complete coverage of weather. Also prepare and post forecasts for multiple platforms
- Some live reporting and attendance at community and weather-related events will be required
- Have Multimedia Journalist experience and the ability to write, shoot and edit stories as need it.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 2 years as on-air weathercaster
- Experience with WSI weather system and graphics
- Must be willing to work long hours, holidays, varying shifts (including nights, overnights and weekends) and report to work to respond to news emergencies
- Must be willing to work in Philadelphia area and travel as needed for special assignments.
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- Bilingual, proficient in Spanish
- Must be 18 years or older.
Additional Job Requirements
- Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered.
- Must be willing to work in Philadelphia, PA & surrounding areas.
- Willingness to travel and work overtime, and on weekends with short notice and must be on-call to resolve issues.
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Must be “on call” 24 hours a day / 7 days a week
- Bachelor's in Meteorology preferred
- Tell local weather story that connects with viewers
- Work with news team to create complete coverage of weather story
- Ability to anticipate situations, meet deadlines, organize and manage multiple priorities
- High energy and teamwork mentality are a must
- Multimedia Journalist reporter experience.
- Multiplatform approach to content.
- Strong computer skills especially in PowerPoint
- Well organized and a high level of attention to detail
- Basic Knowledge of graphic production software, writing and editing
- Scientist who is also a great storyteller
- Passion to be a part of a major weather event, no matter when it happens
- Experience with severe weather coverage, including but not limited to hurricanes, tornados, severe thunderstorms, flooding and ice events
- Compelling on-air presence – crisp, clear, and confidant delivery in Spanish
- Should thrive working under the intense deadline pressure of television weather
- Technologically savvy with strong computer skills (working knowledge of WSI system preferred.)
- Excellent written and verbal communication/presentation skills in Spanish.
- Strong leadership qualities and self-motivation.
- Understanding of the demands of an on-air HD and digital environment
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
About NBCUniversal, LLC
We are one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news and information to a global audience.
NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks, and a premium ad-supported streaming service. NBCUniversal is a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. We take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Join us.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal, LLC? Visit NBCUniversal, LLC's website.
Create the extraordinary.